Author Topic: Global Warming Summit Cancleed  (Read 1969 times)

Offline WylieKy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Global Warming Summit Cancleed
« on: February 14, 2007, 02:51:30 AM »
The Global Warming Summit scheduled for Washington DC today has been rescheduled due to a large amount of snow and ice.  I know this really has nothing to do with the reality of global warming, but I find it amusing.  ;D

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline wncchester

Re: Global Warming Summit Cancleed
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 03:26:45 AM »
If some great "scientist" doesn't tell us how to stop this Global Warming pretty soon, we all gonna freeze to death!
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline magooch

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 03:35:16 AM »
If the weather in parts of New York and the upper Midwest is any indication, it looks like Mother Nature is taking care of global warming.  For my part, I favor global warming, especially out here in the West.  Who the hell in their right mind would want the opposite?
Swingem

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 01:55:33 AM »
The winter of 1976-77 was very cold. I remember that some of the key scientist were predicting the coming of another Ice Age. I
need to retrieve this info & see if some of the same geeks are calling for Global Warming.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 02:00:59 AM »
When they can start to accuratly give me a 3 day forcast I might start to beleave them on what the temp. Will be in 50 years.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:20 AM »
Actually I believe they are saying that the end result of global warming will indeed be another ice age. I forget just how they explained that but it is what one program I watched on it concluded.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 08:15:10 AM »
I watched the same program. If I remember correctly (no sure thing), the cold water from the melting ice pack on the North Pole will kill the Gulf Stream. No more warm water heading north will then make the polar cap come back with a vengence.  How many years of college does it take to figure this stuff out ?
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 12:10:16 PM »
The Global Warming Summit scheduled for Washington DC today has been rescheduled due to a large amount of snow and ice.  I know this really has nothing to do with the reality of global warming, but I find it amusing.  ;D

WylieKy

Irony sure can be funny.  ;D

Offline Brett

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 01:50:50 PM »
Actually I believe they are saying that the end result of global warming will indeed be another ice age. I forget just how they explained that but it is what one program I watched on it concluded.

Wouldn't be difficult to convince the folks living in the North East right now. They probably think it has already begun.  :o
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline wncchester

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 03:19:04 AM »
quote author=Graybeard link=I believe they are saying that the end result of global warming will indeed be another ice age. I forget just how they explained that ...

Global Warming is one of the cardinal points of the Liberals Religion; as an article of their faith, everything bad is caused by us, including global warming and facts have no impact on that faith.

The main facts the Chicken Little "scientists" ignore is that (1) the earth is warmed by the sun and the present warming cycle (it's averaged almost a whole degree higher over the last 100 years and most of that was in the first half of the period) is (2) due to increased sun-storms and (3) a slight variation in our orbit that takes us a tiny bit closer. Thus, no matter how few trees we cut, no matter how we cut back on exhaling carbon dioxide with each breath, no matter if we switch to corn whiskey powered cars, our temps will continue to increase until those solar effects change.    And those are "inconvienient truths" for  Al Giore.  But tree-hugger faith is not by sight, it's a belief and they believe it's all from us.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 04:35:18 PM »
   I believe that "Global warming" is a completly false peice of scientific witchcraft. The liberals are using is as a way to control others behavior. Algore has to be the biggest hippocrit of all the liberal liars that are pushing this garbage. He is telling you to drive less and to drive more efficient vehicle , when he parades around in a huge caravan of big heavy armoured SUV's. He tells you to fly less when he flys all over the world to speak at Global warming summits, to Promote his movie that should have been called "A Convenient LIE".

Why are these limosine liberals telling us that we should conserve energy when they are using many many times what the average joe does? How many kilowatts of power do the Red Hot Chili Peppers burn up in a concert for "Global Warming"? How much energy does Algore's house use a month? Are these hippocrits practicing what they preach? H@!! no! I would bet most of these hippocrits use more energy in a week than most of us use in a year.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 04:00:29 AM »
Wincchester and Billy, there you go trying to introduce common sense and facts into a subject that must be considered with fear, faith and panic.  Let's get with the program, fellas; after all, the debate is over.
Swingem

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 04:29:49 AM »
I for one believe Global Warming is real.  However, I don't think polution has any bearing on it.  What I have read elsewhere, which is stifled by the PC crowd, is that it is caused by the cyclical nature of the sun's energy.  It was toasty warm (comparatively) when the Vikings were settling Greenland.  Archeologists have found their farms.  Then the sun stopped kicking out quite as much energy to warm the Earth, things cooled off again, and they left.  Now we are in a more active phase of the sun and we are getting warmer.  In a couple of hundred years it'll cool back down.

Magooch, watch what you wish for!  Warming could seriously decrees the amount of precipitation and cause drought conditions out West....

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 02:53:21 AM »
Magooch, watch what you wish for!  Warming could seriously decrees the amount of precipitation and cause drought conditions out West....

-WH-

I live in the Pacific Northwest and I assure you, the last thing I'm worried about is drought.
Swingem

Offline Bear Rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 02:25:28 PM »
I watched the same program. If I remember correctly (no sure thing), the cold water from the melting ice pack on the North Pole will kill the Gulf Stream. No more warm water heading north will then make the polar cap come back with a vengence.  How many years of college does it take to figure this stuff out ?

I remember another article from a couple of decades ago that supports the same supposition of a short warming period triggering another ice age. They believed that a short warming trend that uncovered enough sea surface at the northern edge of Canada would result in increased precipitation, which would result in colder, longer winters and heavier snow cover at higher altitudes, which would result in an increase in the amount of heat reflected back in space. As more and more snow accumulated, the atmospheric temperatures would drop much faster than the sea temperatures, triggering another ice age. By the time the seas froze back over again, we would be in a full scale ice age.
Flintlock! Anything else is imitation.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 02:45:51 PM »

I remember another article from a couple of decades ago that supports the same supposition of a short warming period triggering another ice age. They believed that a short warming trend that uncovered enough sea surface at the northern edge of Canada would result in increased precipitation, which would result in colder, longer winters and heavier snow cover at higher altitudes, which would result in an increase in the amount of heat reflected back in space. As more and more snow accumulated, the atmospheric temperatures would drop much faster than the sea temperatures, triggering another ice age. By the time the seas froze back over again, we would be in a full scale ice age.

Goodie, it is easier to dress for cold than for heat & also is more legal.  ;D

Offline wncchester

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 04:52:44 AM »
[quote Winter Hawk -  I for one believe Global Warming is real.   [/quote]

Winter, at first I thought it might well be true too, in some minor  way.  But, on further reflection, I just don't think they have sufficent data to support the claims.  They base it on a whole degree of warming over the past centruy.  Ask, how do they arrive at that?

In 1900, the average thermometer was much less accurate than 1 degree.  There were no world wide collection networks to record temps even with what they had to work with.   That's not science, it's guessing and there is no way they can ligitimately show what they claim.                 

The climate chicken littles base part of their claims on "other" evidence.   I can accept that they can find INDICATIONS what might have been true in 1900 but anyone who suggests they can do it within 1 degree is loonie! 

Thus, what they preach today is entirely based on what they "believe" (if they actually do), not what they can demonstrate!   So, Global Warming is their new religion.   And they want to be the world's priests/saviours even if there isn't a thing we can actually do to change their Armageddon predictions! 

I believe that even if they are correct, and if man contributes to it, we can't do much in the long term.  I mean if we do nothing maybe we will reach a certain point in 2100.  If we do all they suggest, and devestate the world economy in the process, we might delay reaching that point it until 2105?  Big deal. 

I no longer believe anything they say, they have overstepped the bounds of legitimate science too many times and too many ways.

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 07:11:53 AM »
Yes I get it, but what "they" don't get is that a higher power has been in control of this & the cycles have been with us since the flood. I would not doubt those cycles could have a purpose that we don't understand, we have'nt whipped the common cold & allergys yet, but some folks think they have it all figured out.  ;D

It now appears that Mars is in a warming cycle as well, maybe the geeks would like to explain how Bubba driving his Suburban in
AR & TX caused that.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 10:31:42 AM »
And here we are just finishing the coldest winter on record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Where is the warming?  Not here in North Pole.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 10:31:38 AM »
Just a point of info, I read recently that the magnetic North Pole was moving toward Asia at a much faster rate than predicted or traveled historically.  Since the pole is dependent upon the Earth's core and its movement, I wonder if the core's moving has influenced the climatic changes.  SE Alaska and Chugach coastal mountains and its islands of were once part of the South Polynesian Island group that floated on their individual tectonic plates and crashed into the North American plate.  They were once jungle and now are northern temperate climates.  There must have been at least 1 degree of temperature change and had to been caused by man.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline wncchester

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 10:56:03 AM »
Some of you may have heard this better than I but it's so funny I have to retell what I caught.

Seems some group of Global Warming Sheeple were to hold a gathering to "increase GW awareness"  (increasing awareness is a favorite activitiy of sheeple) and were to do a cook-out using some sort of solar power.  Sadly, the event was canceled due to extreme cold and heavy clouds!  One of the organizers said she doesn't think this means GW is not true tho. 

Nothing can dissuade "true believers"! ???

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 11:30:02 PM »
    Wncchester;

A recent true story..A small group of GW sheeple set off on an excursion to the North pole in order to demonstrate just how GW was affecting the climate.
  They had to turn around and come back..for fear of frostbite...

Now THAT..is a lack of  spiritual conviction....LOL
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)