Author Topic: Rifle Scope Question  (Read 756 times)

Offline muzzleblast525

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Rifle Scope Question
« on: February 14, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »
Okay you Leupold people....Tell me, is $125 a good price on a new, in the sealed box, Leupold VX-1 rilfe scope.

Also, is $50 to much for a Redfield Tracker 3x9x40 scope?  I don't know anything about these scopes but saw one on sell.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Rifle Scope Question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 04:24:43 PM »
Where's the Leupold, I'd take it, that's a great price, wouldn't matter to me if it's a matte or gloss!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bearfat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • "Nothin but giant rats with stubby little tails"
    • Deer/Bear hunting Northern Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 04:28:47 PM »
Looks like your saving at least $75.00 minimum. The new Midway Master catalog I just got shows them at $199.00 minus shipping.

I think Redfield was temporarily out of business for awhile? Now they're back in business?

Sounds like both scopes regardless are worth the $175.00 and if it were me I'd be stepping away from the computer and paying the guy cash for them tonight if you can because they won't last long.

Also the Leupold can be upgraded with different reticles and or click adjustments, etcetera. I've posted before about this. I have purchased several low end models and souped them up as I needed after deciding to use them on different rifles.  Price ranges from 60-75 dollars, plus they purge all the nitrogen out and refill it testing the seals, clean the lens, and evaluate the internal adjustments for company specs.

bearfats cabin:    http://buckmountainchateau.com/

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 12:53:22 AM »
Get the Leupold, that is a great price.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 06:01:53 AM »
Be sure it's a REAL Leupold and NOT a Chinese fake copy.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 09:27:25 AM »
What Redhawk said, and what Graybeard said too.  Heck, what everyone has said so far!  As long as it's not a fake, you'll never get a better deal on one.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 10:24:05 AM »
From what I've been reading there are a LOT of fale Leupold's being sold especially on ebay these days. I've read that they look like Leupold's and even some times have the Leupold name on them but they are NOT Leupold's and do not have any warranty from anyone on them. I believe that Leupold has a warning posted on their site about them. Be real sure what you're getting these days if you're buying a new Leupold at a price that seems to good to be true, it might not be true.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 10:34:31 AM »
Here's the warning at Leupold.

Tim

http://www.leupold.com/Counterfeit_2006_Sales.ppt

Beaverton, OR----Leupold is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via internet sales, in regards to bogus
Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China. These products bear many of
the marks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes making them very hard to distinguish externally from authentic
Leupold products.

In recent months, counterfeited Leupold Mark 4 riflescopes have begun to arrive with increasing regularity at the firm’s Beaverton,
Oregon headquarters for service. These products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Life-
time Warrantee.

Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply
write down the serial number and call 1-800 LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

In general, most of the scopes appear to originate from Hong Kong, (People’s Republic of China) and have “Leupold Mark 4” laser
engraved on the bottom of the turret in a silver etch, while the black ring on the objective is etched in white and does not include
the name “Leupold”. The scopes also do not bear the Leupold medallion, a mark all Leupold scopes will always possess. An
authentic Mark 4 riflescope will always be engraved black on black and have the name “Leupold” engraved on the black ring.

According to Andy York, Vice President of Marketing at Leupold, “It is a regrettable state of affairs that this theft of the Leupold
trademark, as well as patent infringement, is ongoing. We cannot express our anger and displeasure with the situation in strong
enough terms, and we will pursue any person or corporation caught in this crime to the fullest extent of the law—both domestic
and international. However, while our legal team fights this battle, we are taking proactive measures to warn our customers to
be extra vigilant when purchasing discounted Leupold optical products, particularly online. If a deal seems too good to be true,
it probably is.”

http://www.leupold.com/home_flash.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline muzzleblast525

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »
Thanks for the info....I've checked and these are real Leupolds

Offline Grubbs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 05:23:43 AM »
In my opinion that's about what the Leupy is really worth. 

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 08:17:16 AM »
In my opinion that's about what the Leupy is really worth. 

You know I could go around to every thread and bad mouth other peoples choices, but I don't!  I don't see a need for your consistent bashing. It gets real old fast. Grow up and take you attitude else where.   >:(
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA