Author Topic: Bushnell scope. I have a question?  (Read 670 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Bushnell scope. I have a question?
« on: February 16, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »
I have a 6x24x40 Bushnell Banner scope. I like it alot and I had it on my 223. I took it off about a month ago and I noticed that I must have tighten the front ring a little to tight and on the bottom there is the very slightest imprint of the bottom ring. It is hard to notice and is really slight. It held zero the whole time it was on the gun. Do you think I have damaged it? Do you think I could have problems in the future with it. Thanks.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline wink_man

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: Bushnell scope. I have a question?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 05:44:48 AM »
I doubt your scope is the first to have a ring mark, or a slight dent from one, and I doubt it will be the last, I personally wouldn't worry about it. I have a scope or two that are slightly dented from tightening steel rings, and I've never had any kind of problem holding zero or otherwise with them.
Garry
'Life is to short to hang with an ugly woman, or hunt with an ugly gun' - Garry
'It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't' Ronald Reagan
Just ask an American Indian what happens when you let immigration get out of hand.

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:37:25 AM »
Your scope should be fine.  I've seen way more used scopes with marks and dents from rings that still work great, than I have seen scopes with no marks at all.

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 12:21:33 PM »
Thats why you should get in the habit of lapping your rings. Miss-aligned rings cause dents.   KN

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:33:48 PM »
Lapping, or the Burris Signatures with the inserts that save your scope from marks, and can allow for some range of external adjustment.  I have found the Burris to be somewhat cantankerous on some mounts, but they are a great system if you don't lap.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.