Author Topic: Dims introduce assault weapon ban legislation  (Read 2215 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Dims introduce assault weapon ban legislation
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 12:39:24 PM »
Jefferson was a man who thought government was to be a burden that a common man would assume for a short period of time. 

Hamilton wanted a government of merchants........

We see who won........

Madison's government had only 7 men under him..........

Jefferson and Madison sure had a different vision of what we see today.......

By the way.....I did vote for Perot in 92.......If we can find another good independent I'll do the same in 2008.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 01:37:04 AM »
Jefferson was a man who thought government was to be a burden that a common man would assume for a short period of time. 

Hamilton wanted a government of merchants........

We see who won........

Madison's government had only 7 men under him..........

Jefferson and Madison sure had a different vision of what we see today.......

By the way.....I did vote for Perot in 92.......If we can find another good independent I'll do the same in 2008.

Good Sir, & same here unless Duncan Hunter or a Conservative that I am not aware of wins the nomination, which is not likely.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline totallycustom

• Avid Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 09:24:06 AM »
This new ban seems to be a lot more restrictive in what it bans, like some shotguns and certain rifles altogether not just if they meet their definitions and so on. Its just infuriating gets me so mad.  Just ridiculous.

-TC-
-TC-

Offline jimster

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 03:17:24 PM »
I'm tending to agree with the notion the Republicans need to earn my vote again. You'd think after 40 years straight of Den control in the congress people would remember what they are all about too, but memories must be short.
They haven't changed either, if they have, it's for the worse. As of now I'd vote with anybody with the courage to close our borders and send home illegal people....don't matter who they are, first things first.
Assault weapons ban...now there's a political trick from the Clinton years. Slick ol boy...passed a law that didn't out law squat, you could still legally keep and have and shoot anything on the list, just no more in the country. 30 round clips, 50 round drums..go ahead and keep them, and sell what there is, just won't make any more, but the warehouses are so full of them we wouldn't run out anyways. And the liberals thought something was outlawed...and the conservatives put up with it becuase we could still legally keep all our stuff and sell it among each other......slick ol polititians pulled a good one there.
Well, that legislation should have never passed anyways, and the fact it was worthless legislation makes the entire Congress liars.
I suppose they could do the same thing again, try to please both crowds with worthless legislation...and people would buy it I suppose.
I'd like to kick the entire Congress to the street, both parties, and start from scratch. Maybe then we could get rid of a few hundred gun laws and just use the main laws we already had in place.