Author Topic: Optima Elite/ My first look  (Read 1085 times)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Optima Elite/ My first look
« on: February 18, 2007, 05:16:19 PM »
I looked at a 243 at Academy in Little Rock last Friday Evening. I liked the fit, esp. the lock-up, the overall finish & the way it "throws
up" & the balance. They were asking $286.00, a good price I thought.

Then I went to Gander Mtn. in North Little Rock & they had a 243 & a MZ. The MZ barrel looks good & I like the flutes. I also like the sights, a back-up for me, but good to have.

I probably will give one of these a try sometime this year.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: Optima Elite/ My first look
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »

Good...I think you'll like them...I'll be shooting in about 5 hours...I'll let you know how they do..

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
Re: Optima Elite/ My first look
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 10:00:25 AM »
nomosendero,check the box that the 243 came in,mine turned out to be the compact model. Mine seemed a little short in the stock but felt very good shooting it and I discovered why when I regestered it on line and checked the box for the no,. I don't think I'll change it though. My 30 06 barrel is shooting very good right out of the package with lockup and fit being perfect in every way.It did have some of the blueing worn off the barrel because of the packeging,and I emailed Mark about the problem and he promtly emailed me back and thanked me for the info. I think there C.S. is going to be great.   Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017