Author Topic: Ice storm coming , Great  (Read 707 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Ice storm coming , Great
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:36:21 PM »
Last week was a blizzard this weekend is an ice storm , i'll be glad when spring gets here , i'm sick of winter.  :o  >:(

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
Re: Ice storm coming , Great
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 01:13:51 AM »
yu an me both , sure shows how much these new weather guys can predict, as of weds last week it was 50's ?? now winter storm,  yeah be nice to see spring even i can predict tornados !!!! hahah

Offline 243tom

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:08:40 AM »
See how spoiled we got with "winter" never really arriving til after Christmas. And the grounghogs' forecast of an early spring........like that ever works out !!

Shaner,, I may have missed this at some point,, but just how big is that squirrel anyway ? LOL

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »
goes aprox 500 lbs , and 8-9 feet long

look close its a dead squirrel and two gi joe dolls

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 11:51:25 AM »

I guess the weather men are making fun of us again, I know it is all a plot!
Got 5 gallons of gas in the generator, and about to head out to pick up 5 more gallons just in case....

Shaner, that was one big squirrel! Ever see the black squirrels they have up around Kent? Strangest thing I ever did see.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 12:12:44 PM »
Would ya rather have the high winds and tornados they say are heading our way tonight? It's been really windy all day today but did climb into the 60s. Now tonight they are saying the wind gusts will be up to 40 mph even when we're not in the storms and that severe storms with tornados will be all over the state.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 243tom

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 12:31:36 PM »
Shaner,, that's really cool thinkin' with the gi joe figures ! If you hadn't told me I would've bet that was a photoshop pic.

Back to the weather........I took advantage of the sunny day and re-sighted my stainless 223 Handi. Been playing musical scopes again and decided I didn't really need all that 4-12 power on my carry rifle, so i ended up mounting a 22 rimfire Bushnell 4x I had sitting idle. Shooting at 75yds I got it zeroed with 3 holes into half inch using Varget and 50gr Sierra Varminters.  I can live with that.
The 4-12 Swift went on my new Rem. 700 LSS 30-06 and I got it shooting green box 180s' into a inch and a quarter at 100.
It just felt good to be out burning ammo again !