Author Topic: WIN.94 AE 45 COLT TRAILS END ?  (Read 650 times)

Offline BAP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
WIN.94 AE 45 COLT TRAILS END ?
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:06:56 AM »
I have a couple of ? on this gun, the only winchester that i really know about is my father-in-lwas original 73 in 38-40...
so here is my question, what does the AE  stand for, and what would be a fair price for one that is new and in box with all paper work ?
this gun has the 20" round barrel, and is blued not case hardened..
any and all info would be greatfully appreciated....
THANKS..BAP..

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: WIN.94 AE 45 COLT TRAILS END ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:14:03 AM »
AE stands for Angle Eject, a modification to the original design to make Model 94s work better wtih scopes.  The original design had shells eject straight up out of the top of the reciever.

I hope one of the others can give you a hand on a fair price for this model.  It isn't one of the more common ones.  I sold a like new AE about six months ago for $450, much more than I paid for it when folks thought they would become collectable.  I see that calming down now and prices seem to be settling down.

You may want to see what they are selling for on the gun auction sites.  That sounds like a gun I would like to have as well.  It would match my 45 Colt pistols.

Good luck.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline BAP

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: WIN.94 AE 45 COLT TRAILS END ?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:28:48 AM »
Thanks keith, now that you said angle eject makes sence...ive seen a few on g.a and g.b. but they were octagon barrels not the round
THANKS...BAP