Author Topic: Just got a M12, 30" full choke, unfired....Value??  (Read 672 times)

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
Just got a M12, 30" full choke, unfired....Value??
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:04:11 PM »
Hi Guys,

I good friend of mine who is not a shooter just gave me a model 12 that was given to his father on his retirement from Winchester in 1952.  His father was also not a shooter but kept the gun around because the company engraved his initials on the trigger guard.  My friend has been "lugg'n it around for 50 years" and has nver had any interest in shooting it (nor has his father).

It's got pristine bluing and some stock scratches from the original leather case that be bought in 52' and is now deteriorated and the zipper teeth have scratched it. Its got standard wood, 30" plainbarrel and full choke.  I certainly won't sell it, but, what do you think is its value?
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
Re: Just got a M12, 30" full choke, unfired....Value??
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »
3" chamber?

Offline Hairtrigger

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »
3" chamber?

From 1952?
What year did the 3" come out?

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:48:30 AM »
The Heavy Duck Gun was introduced in 1935 and was chambered for the 3” magnum 12 gauge only. All model 12s of this era had Nickel Steel barrels, except the ones with Stainless Steel barrels. 30” and 32” barrels were offered until around 1948 when the 32” barrels were discontinued. These 3” magnums were also offered as Trap guns and Pigeon Grade guns. Special features may include barrels with solid rib, or ventilated rib. Special features include fancy stocks, checkering, carving, and engraving.

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 09:59:18 AM »
Hmmm...3" chamber...no clue...I'll look tonight when I get home.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!