Author Topic: Part of my work shop  (Read 1198 times)

Offline stever

• Trade Count: (0)
    • 303 British DOT com
Part of my work shop
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:47:35 PM »
Affectionately known as "The Dungeon".  No bullet storage down here.  It's all upstairs in my offiice.

This first pic shows some buckets with 22RF cases waiting to be be cleaned and sorted.  I have no idea how many cases are in each bucket.  It would make a good draw question.  How many in the bucket?  What you see will last years and years!  The first two buckets I ever got took my son and I about 2 months to process.

This pic is part of my case prep and storage area.  It's a sort of general prep bench where I stuff jackets and cores.  I use foam trays to hold the greased jackets in preparation for the cores. 

This pic shows some of the jackets.  I keep the cleaned, sorted 22RF cases in Ziplock disposable containers.  The wife doesn't get upset with me when I use them instead of her Tupperware.  You can also see some J4s (left) and Sierra 308 jackets (right). 

The final pic is a section of one of my work benches.  Most of you will recognize the presses.  From left - a Walnut Hill press, Series II and a Rock Chucker ( which I use to unfold the rims of the RF cases).

Offline hcarlow

Re: Part of my work shop
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 01:18:41 PM »
Thanks for the nice pics, I want to get into swaging just not sure where to start I guess.I have been doing alot of reading on the forums and both of the Corbin websites, etc.. Which of the two swaging presses do you like the best?

Offline stever

• 303 British DOT com
Re: Part of my work shop
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:17:35 PM »
If I could only have one press, it would be the Walnut Hill press from RCEco.  It's more robust than the Series II and seems better built. (and cheaper to boot!)

Each of the presses in the picture has a dedicated function.  I use the Series II press to seat the cores.  The WH press for point forming.  I have dies made for both types of press because when I started, I bought Corbins.  I did not know about RCECo at the time.