Author Topic: Question re CD burning  (Read 840 times)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
Question re CD burning
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:28:50 PM »
Hi folks,
This is not exactly (actually - it ain't at all) an "Outdoors" question, but I've seen a lot of expertise in so many areas here on GBO that I am going to ask anyway.

Situation: I have an iMac G4 running OS 10.4.8. I have a DVD R-W, but no CD burner/reader. I made some CDs a couple of years ago from my old Mac iBook G3 running OS 9 and 10.1. They were made from iTunes I had on the old iMac (don't recall the version). They were for playing on my portable CD player and in the car while travelling. Everything worked fine for awhile.

Additonal info: My wife has an iBook G4 running OS 10.4.8 with a DVD-R and a CD R-W. I have made some recent CDs and dupes of the older ones using her CD drive, and nothing works on any of our CD players. Not the portable ones, or a plug-in.

Questions: Is there something I am missing/unaware of/changed so that I cannot play my own CDs any more? And if so, any suggested solutions?

My own current attempt at answering the Questions only bring up more questions: I have been contemplating the purchase of an external CD drive for my iMac, and/or a different kind of CD player that might (will?) play our newly created CDs. What should I be looking for in either or both of those items?  ???

Feel free to respond off the forum via PM or my email so as not to clog up the site... :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance..  ;D
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013