Author Topic: Did I read this correctly?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline skarke

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: Did I read this correctly?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »
Romans 1:21-32.  Prayer works, though sometimes I think that uzis might work better!!  Just kidding, it is frustrating, though. :-\
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free.  Ronaldus Maximus

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »
I put up a post in Feb. about what I had seen on a tv show, all about gays hugging and kissing. They, the media, just keep pushing this stuff at us all the time. Can't pick up a paper, or turn on tv, without seeing gay rights, minority rights, illegal aliens rights. Wish I had the time to bitch as much as these people do. Wonder where they get all their money?If they had to work for a liviing, they'd be to tired to yell and complain. Now the school system is pushing it. Wonder where it will all end? We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01)gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 01:18:21 PM »
This and a lot of other stuff started many years ago with the theme of: "we just want to be left alone."  Now, of course, it's in your face.  And society doesn't know how to stop it.  Homophobe, a made up word, has excused way too much.  By the same token, "you're just picking on me 'cause I'm coloured" has gone the same way.  If you question any actions by a black, you're a racist. 

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 03:31:25 PM »
I didn't read it all, got  my blood pressure up. Those people are abominations in Gods eye, he said it, I repeated it. Someone asked a while back what was taboo on this board, this is a taboo subject. I wish that we could discuss it though. Graybeard says no, I abide by his wishes. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline OR-E-GUN Hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 06:33:37 PM »
This is exactly why my kids are in private school....... Sure, it costs a lot of money, but it's worth it!!
When politics and negotiations fail, firepower and force prevail. :sniper:

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 01:31:04 AM »
I didn't read it all, got  my blood pressure up. Those people are abominations in Gods eye, he said it, I repeated it. Someone asked a while back what was taboo on this board, this is a taboo subject. I wish that we could discuss it though. Graybeard says no, I abide by his wishes. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I had about the same reaction.  The government continues to intrude more and more into our every day lives.  The new thought process is taught and promoted in public schools.

We, the people, must take back control of the curriculum taught in public school.  Federal mandates, as well as matching money, have us over a barrel.  No child left behind has to go.....ear marked money has to go.........we got to figure out a way to de-federalize the school system........

The voucher system makes a lot of sense....no wonder the feds are scared to death of it.....

This is a big reason my daughter decided to home school the grand kids......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 03:23:42 AM »
I'll bet that judge is a dumcrap, any takers????? POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline 35Rem

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 04:25:09 AM »
In my opinion, being gay is an ACT.  Not a state of being.
Telling children it's OK to ACT gay is OK is wrong.

Being black, white, asian, whatever, is OK. Teach that. I'm fine with that.

Just because you DO something, doesn't make it OK.
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 09:10:12 AM »
I have this to look forward to in a few years.  Does anyone know if parents have any type of legal recourse? Corruption of a minor (if shown explicit materials), etc???  I know that when I had SexEd in high school we had to take a consent for home.  (12 yrs ago)  Those that got no consent went to study hall for during the SexEd portion of health class.  My daughter is 4, and I'll be d@mn#^ if I let this happen to her.  What happens behind closed doors is between them and God, neither I nor the government has any business there, but teaching it in public schools as right makes me so mad I get the shakes.

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline WylieKy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 09:16:57 AM »
By the way, this is disturbingly parallel with how child molesters operate.  Gain the trust of the child, make them a confidant against the parents, swear them to secrecy, make the movie.   For those of you that can't tell, I am as thoroughly disgusted as I can be.  I think they should take theses SOB's and put them in the chair next to John Evander Couey and send them to hell on a lightning bolt. 

WylieKy
This that I do, I do by my own free will.

Offline Heavy C

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 09:58:03 AM »
Sick and demented is what I say!  I was just commenting to my wife how tired I am of the proliferation of gay material on television.  You can't channel surf without coming accross one of these shows.  Thank God for the History Channel and R. Lee Ermey!

What's this world coming to?   ???

Offline kid_couteau

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:50 AM »
I dont understand how the school did this with 14 yr olds

Last I heard a person under the age of 18 could not be held to a contract that their parents did not ok.

Kid

Offline Heavy C

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 10:28:28 AM »
That's a good point Kid.  How did that commie judge get around that?   ???

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 11:17:09 AM »
I thought entering a child into a contract without his parent's consent or knowledge was illegal.  This sounds like a spin-off of girls having abortions without their parents knowing.
Hitler said, "give me the minds of the young and I will rule the world."

Offline jpsmith1

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 11:32:24 AM »
beemanbe beat me to the punch.  There can be no contract with a minor.  Legally, they cannot enter into a binding contract and thus it is not a contract.  Any paper that the children signed is nothing more than a piece of paper.

Activist judges, liberal educators, and weak politicians.  What is this country coming to?
Searching for the perfect left handed revolver.....

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 11:48:26 AM »
You guys are wrong about contracts with a minor.  Minors can enter contracts under some circumstances.  Many kids buy cars, for instance.

Offline Heavy C

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 02:33:28 PM »
Since these kids weren't buying cars what would the law say about these agreements they had to sign?

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 04:26:41 PM »
Personally I don't give a crap what the law says.  As long as the kid plants his or her feet under my supper table and lays his or her head down under my roof I'm responsible for their health and well being and they answer to me.  If the school, the government or anyone else thinks that they can do a better job of taking care of them and teaching them right from wrong then they had better be prepared to feed and house them too!  >:( 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 11:51:40 PM »
Personally I don't give a crap what the law says.  As long as the kid plants his or her feet under my supper table and lays his or her head down under my roof I'm responsible for their health and well being and they answer to me.  If the school, the government or anyone else thinks that they can do a better job of taking care of them and teaching them right from wrong then they had better be prepared to feed and house them too!  >:( 

Be careful what you ask for.........many kids are taken from their parents everyday.....
Barry Goldwater

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 05:47:48 AM »
Unfortunately Brett, that is exactly what many folks want to happen.  They want breeding rights but no responsibility of parenthood.  Let the gov'ment take care of them.  Here in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, motto: "our welfare folks are fatter than yours. Neener, neener" they are feeding the kids breakfast and lunch and there's talk about adding an evening meal.  The state already issues clothing vouchers so I guess the next step is to bed 'em down in the gym and be done with it. 

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 06:10:45 AM »
I actually suspect it wouldn't be a viable contract.  I would guess they just did it hoping the kids wouldn't be smart enough to challenge it.  I wasn't trying to defend the school, I was just pointing out that if you all operate under the assumption that minors cannot enter a contract you are wrong.

Offline Brett

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30:06 AM »
Unfortunately Brett, that is exactly what many folks want to happen.  They want breeding rights but no responsibility of parenthood.  Let the gov'ment take care of them.  Here in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia, motto: "our welfare folks are fatter than yours. Neener, neener" they are feeding the kids breakfast and lunch and there's talk about adding an evening meal.  The state already issues clothing vouchers so I guess the next step is to bed 'em down in the gym and be done with it. 

::)  :'( 

Offline Brett

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 10:45:45 AM »
Well , since it's getting to the point where you need a licence or permit for just about everything anyway, (You have to have them to own a gun, own a dog, drive a car, put up a shed or a fence and even burn your leaves in a lot of places these days.) I advocate that they require folks to apply for a permit to reproduce.  If they can not show that they are at least reasonably capable of raising children without physical, psychological or financial assistance all at the taxpayers expense maybe they should not be allowed to perpetuate their afflictions on the rest of us.  :o  Okay, let the chips fly...  ;)     

Offline Casull

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 08:44:02 PM »
Dukkiller, not sure about all states, but in Illinois a contract cannot be enforced against a minor.  I suppose a minor can enter into a contract, but if he or she breaches it, the other party cannot enforce it.  That would also be the general rule under common law, but of course that can be changed by statute, or obviously if the minor is emancipated.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 03:04:17 AM »
Brett, Hoooo boy!  Wouldn't the knee jerk preachers scream about that.  Their power base, along with the pols, is a citizentry of ignorant, afraid people that you can promise anything and they'll believe it.

My solution is: when the woman drops that second calf at taxpayer's expense, she is fixed.  AND, when the man fathers that FIRST child that he has no means of supporting, he's fixed.  In this day and age, anyone that doesn't know about contraception and birth control must be living under a rock.

As far as pediphiles are concerned, I read a case about some german justice several years ago, it seems this fellow was convicted of raping a young boy.  For his punishment, they nutted him.  He then took massive doses of hormones and was able to acchieve a artificial sex drive and raped another young boy.  His punishment was they took EVERYTHING.  I like that idea. 

I've never heard of a minor entering into a contract where his parents weren't required to co-sign (guarentee) the loan.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 07:10:44 AM »
Dukkiller, not sure about all states, but in Illinois a contract cannot be enforced against a minor.  I suppose a minor can enter into a contract, but if he or she breaches it, the other party cannot enforce it.  That would also be the general rule under common law, but of course that can be changed by statute, or obviously if the minor is emancipated.

I simply don't know what to tell you.  A minor's contract is generally considered "voidable" at the minor's option.  Note not "VOID" but "VOIDABLE".  They can however, also be ratified.  This is true in Illinois as well, as best I can tell.  The general rule also goes that contracts for "necessities" cannot be voided, regardless of age.  As for what constitutes a necessity in IL?  I remember reading some cases on this issue in Contracts, it runs all over the board and depends heavily on the person and the item.  I practice in KS so I checked to see if IL had rules that run roughly similar to Common Law.  They do: http://www.law.siu.edu/selfhelp/newsletter/42.htm

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 06:23:29 PM »
       The Q____s got away with it again. The big question is what happens there now? Do the parents take charge and vote out the shool board. Did the school board fire the superintendent,principle and any teachers involved? If the parents didn't run them out there just as much the fault! Ware was the great American teachers union they must condone this perverted action to!
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline Casull

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 08:46:27 PM »
I simply don't know what to tell you.  A minor's contract is generally considered "voidable" at the minor's option.  Note not "VOID" but "VOIDABLE".  They can however, also be ratified.  This is true in Illinois as well, as best I can tell.  The general rule also goes that contracts for "necessities" cannot be voided, regardless of age.

You're right about the contract being "voidable" but not "void".  That's what I was getting at in my description.  When I spoke of the contract not being enforceable against a minor, I was working under the premise that the minor would seek to void the contract if it were being enforced against him.  I should have been more precise in my language, but I'm running short on sleep.  As far as ratification, I assume you mean by action of the minor after reaching majority, and if that is the case, you are correct.  However, that would not apply in the present situation.  As far as an unemancipated minor, I'm not sure what would qualify as "necessities".
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 03:29:30 AM »
We know the media is propagating the agenda......it's clear the public school systems in some area's are promoting the "life style".

The thought process for determining what's moral and ethical has changed.

Where do you think that's being taught?
Barry Goldwater