Author Topic: Russian Scopes, any good?  (Read 843 times)

Offline hillsider69

• Trade Count: (0)
Russian Scopes, any good?
« on: March 18, 2007, 09:07:34 AM »
Has anybody used any russian glass? I'v seen the   Kalinkaoptics.com pages and wonder if they are any good, esp PPO and VPOI 6-24x50.
I'v used russian camras in the past (zenit etc) and found the glass ok but the mechanics crap. Just think these may be the same.

Thanks
  I am also looking at the Meopta meostar 3-12x56 with 4b ret, to go on a 260rem, I like the front focal plane as the calibration stays the same at all mags. Anybody used these and NOT LIKED THEM?

Offline jgalar

Re: Russian Scopes, any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 02:14:23 AM »
I bought a Russian spotting scope once. Compared to the Russian model a Tasco would be a premium scope. I sent the Rusky back and never tried any other Russian optics.

I'm sure they make and sell some very good stuff, the problem is how do you know you are getting the quality optics and not a cheap copy.

Offline Luckyducker

• Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 03:31:07 PM »
I have never laid eyes on one  let alone ever used one, but everyone that has given an informal review of the Meopta scope praises them highly.  They are kind of pricey and I figured they must make something decent if they can get that kind of money for them.

Offline jgalar

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:14:34 AM »
As I understand Meopta is from CZ not Russia.

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 07:30:15 AM »
Last weekend a friend brought a CZ rifle over that he could not get to shoot well.
After some other checks we pitched the Barska scope and put on a Burris.
Problem solved