Author Topic: Just saying Hi....  (Read 523 times)

Offline savage rookie

• Trade Count: (0)
Just saying Hi....
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:18:15 AM »
Well, I've been a lurker here for the past year or so, decided to finally make my first post.  Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and admit my handi (and savage) dependancy.  I have 3 of the great little guns now, and am alwas looking for another.

I live in watertown SD, and am a student at Lake area Tech in the machine tool program.  I do alot of hunting; goose, duck, deer, varmint/predator, and I also do alot of target shooting (1000+ rounds a week, RF & CF).

When I was 15 I got my first Handi, in .270.  I have taken some nice whitetail with it.  I now have a 22-250 and a 17 h2 also. I plan on getting an HMR and a LR in the near future,  For CF I can always use another .223 and possibly further down the road, a BC.  I always preach the good word of Handi to whoever is asking about them, and always stand up for them when someone starts bad mouting uhm.

Anyway, just stopping by to say hey, and hopefully become a regular poster here...

B. Paige
Savage Rookie

.17 m2 sportster with cheap 3x9

gets the job done!

One of its targets...

UVF 22-250, Barska scope (actually a pretty decent piece of glass)

Me and my Brotehr JC, he was visiting from MT and was using the 22-250.  He's on the left with the UVf  I'm on the right with a sav. VLP, I call this  one "low budget, coyoteless hunters"...notice the el cheapo ecaller from varmintals.com.....

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Just saying Hi....
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »
Welcome aboard.  You have been lurking longer than I have been a member  :)  But it is always nice to see another Handi user around.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 11:25:33 AM »
see that wasnt so hard now was it , glad yur here an spoke up , looks like u gotthenm handis  dailed in

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »
Glad to have you and your brother both here but it appears that you are not quite a rookie, you do sound as if you know you way around guns and shooting. I look forward to seeing many more posts from you....<><.... ;D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Welcome aboard , stop by often , your among friends here .  ;D

Stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline savage rookie

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 01:30:13 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words...

MSP Ret-

The moniker came from other boards when i first got into savages, just decided to keep the name.  My brother and i grew up hunting and shooting, i took a bit of hiatus from the sport when i went to university, but now I'm back into it as much as ever.

I've got several projects up in the air right now; building a high volume/mid range subaru rifle out of take off savage parts, refinishing a marlin 25 M 22 mag stock and trigger job at the same time, refinishing a 940a stevens 12g stock, and trying to get some spring snow goose hunting in on the side.

On the target....

just got the 17 so after break in I am seraching for the guns favorite round.

50yrds
LH side: Eley
RH side: CCI F&F
top-bottem
1.  no O ring, gloves
2. no O ring, gloves
3. o ring, HEAVY gloves
4. o ring, no gloves

these are the only two brands that i have tried so far, am pretty happy with the results so far.  not to much difference really.

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 02:07:44 PM »

Always like seeing handi's at work!

Offline drdoct

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 04:34:07 AM »
My O My,  I think the second rabbit on the left may have been the Easter bunny  :'(

Offline coldmold

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »
Got to warn you up front unless you already know. These handis are addictive. You will end up on our 12 step program, whitch means you got to buy 12 of them or at least have 12 different barrels for one or two recievers.  Welcome and we look forward to hearing about your adventures with your handis.
coldmold

Offline savage rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 03:20:48 PM »
Oh I've already got the bug, now its bad though...I have the means to support it, and this boards influence.

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 04:19:08 PM »

Welcome to GBO forums, you will be a ful blown handi-holic soon. Next thing you be trying to     
 catch  Quickdtoo. Good luck Maev.