Author Topic: Alabama Gun Shops Help????  (Read 765 times)

Offline KENTDEP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Alabama Gun Shops Help????
« on: March 26, 2007, 12:11:44 AM »
My lovely wife and I are heading to Gulf Shores Alabama on Friday. Does anyone have any suggestions on gunshops to visit? I would be very appreciative of any tips that you guys might have.

We did go to Gulf Breeze Florida last year and visited Gulf Breeze Firearms. That was a nice trip but I would like to hit some others.

Any suggestions?

Jay

Offline magooch

Re: Alabama Gun Shops Help????
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 03:06:27 AM »
You'd better clarify what you mean by "hit".  ;D
Swingem

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 08:47:13 AM »
I don't know of any in that area, most of the ones I go to are in northern Alabama.

But, I would like to make a suggestion, you and that wife of yours needs to drive to Foley, Alabama which is the next town above Gulf Shores and eat at Lambert's. Just ask the locals about Lambert's.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline KENTDEP

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:48:14 AM »
But, I would like to make a suggestion, you and that wife of yours needs to drive to Foley, Alabama which is the next town above Gulf Shores and eat at Lambert's. Just ask the locals about Lambert's.

Home of the throwed rolls!!!! We ate there last year! Pretty neat place. I am sure we will go there again next week. Lots of fun. I ate okra there for the first time. Fried okra to be exact.  :)

Magooch,

I meant we would stop in, visit, shop, go to, ah you know what I mean.....  ;D

Jay

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 04:24:55 PM »
I haven't been down to that part of the state in dang near 40 years now. Maybe longer. I think it was not long after me and Faye got married we went down to Gulf Shores with her parents for a vacation.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline KENTDEP

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »
It's a nice reprieve from the Michigan weather this time of year. Right now our weather can't make up it's mind on what it wants to do.  ???

Jay

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 12:58:51 AM »
Jay, you should enjoy the trip to Gulf Shores, it's like summer down this way already. We're getting to the middle 80's during the day and that's in north AL, I think it will be even warmer down on the gulf.  ;D
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline KENTDEP

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 11:51:54 PM »
Well we made it. We must have brought the Michigan weather with us. We got to the house and after about an hour it clouded up and the rain came down in buckets.  ???

Oh well.... I don't have to work for a week and a half. Life is good.

Jay