Author Topic: Bobcats and turkey hunting  (Read 606 times)

Offline kylongbeard

• Trade Count: (0)
Bobcats and turkey hunting
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »
O.K, I know this sounds a little crazy, but have any of you had any experiences with bobcats while turkey hunting.  I have been seeing bobcats on a regular basis for the past 2 years on my farm.  This weekend, while scouting for a good turkey spot, I witnissed 2 nice gobblers walk into my little food plot with a bobcat sneaking up on them.  He was just about to make a run at them when I stood up and scared them all off.  I'm certain that I saved one of the turkeys life, but now I'm wondering if I should only hunt in a pop-up blind in this area.  I've heard of bobcats jumping on turkey hunters in full camo, but didn't know if that was just an old tale.  After this weekend, I'm getting a little freaked out by it honestly.   :o  What do you guys think?

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
Re: Bobcats and turkey hunting
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 03:07:17 PM »
Sounds like a good opportunity to do a little predator hunting to me!!   ;)

Only thing is, now that you have spooked the cat, you may never see it again.   :(

Offline Tack Driver

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bobcats and turkey hunting
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 11:01:04 AM »
I wouldn't be that concerned with a bobcat. They will run from you everytime, and besides....you can take it.

But, if this is your land, you can really help your turkey population by spending the rest of the year outside of turkey season popping those predators. They claim more birds in a week than you will all year.