Author Topic: 25cal Swift Scirocco  (Read 1923 times)

Offline kudzu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • (Dancoman)
25cal Swift Scirocco
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »
I hear that swift will make a 25cal scirocco this year.

Does anyone know what grain bullet this will be ???

Hope it's a 120 with a high BC. Should be a great WT bullet. Have had great luck with them in 7mm.

DM

Offline BLASERMAN

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: 25cal Swift Scirocco
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 01:44:19 PM »
If you are looking for a High BC bullet  Try WildCat bullets Richard makes a 120 RBBT ULD  they are waty Higher BC than Swift.
His  7 mm 150 ''s   are in th .700 BC

Offline Bigfoot

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
The .257 Scirocco 2 bullet has listed as "Coming soon" on Swifts site for a couple of years now. I know, I've been checking that page every couple of months or so. It's been rumored to be a 115 grain bullet but who outside of Swift really knows.

I have a very high opinion of Richard Graves bullets but it's difficult to compare his bullets BCs, which he will not publish publicly, with the BC of a still unreleased Swift bullet. Richard specializes in high quality, long for caliber, high BC bullets, unfortunately most .257 bores are designed for 120 gr and less bullet lengths. His are the first custom bullets that I'd look to but check with him on the required twist rates before ordering, he'll be straight with you.

Offline kudzu

• A Real Regular
  • (Dancoman)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »
I should say that MY BC comment may have mislead. I have shot numerous bullets in lots of cal. Most of my shooting is for hunting prep. The two bullets that I have had the most luck with is the swift scirocco and Nos. Accubond. Both of these bullets have great BC (for a hunting bullet). Some better than others depending on cal. Bullet, on game performance,  is far more important to me than the BC of the bullet. A higher BC is just a bonus.  With the Scirocco in my 7mmrum, I shot a WT at 330 yards. Bullet passed thru both shoulders(bone) and exited. Bullet expanded well and yet held together. Concluding this by the exit and wound channel. Have taken numerous WT with both the scirocco and AB, along with a couple of elk with the AB.  IMHO, two of the best hunting bullets made. Both have proving to fly good at extended range(500 yrds.) and have givin great on game performance.
I know we can debate bullets until the cows come, but for now I will have to decide wether to go with the 110AB or the scirocco in my 25-06. Really I will let the gun decide. I will be a good with either one it chooses.

DM

Offline seeliger

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 05:04:53 PM »
Here is the word from Swift about the 25 cal Scirocco.  Looks like it will be 100 grains.  I wish they would get started making these!!! 

Hello Jeff,

The .257 Scirocco will be 100 grains. We anticipate having the bullet sometime around the beginning of this year. We have all the tooling necessary, but need to schedule machine time to run it. It is all we can do now to keep up with current orders. We are also in the process of building and moving into a new facility, which has delayed the release of the .25 Scirocco. We'll try to have it as soon as possible, you might want to check our website as we will announce the release there.

Thanks for your interest in Swift products.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Heather Brown
Swift Bullet Company
ph: (785) 754-3959
fax: (785) 754-2359
email: contact@swiftbullets.com

Offline kudzu

• A Real Regular
  • (Dancoman)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »
Man, I was hoping for a 115 or 120'

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 04:33:01 PM »
Man, I was hoping for a 115 or 120'

+1
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 05:55:47 PM »
Nosler has the 110 grain Accubond, that's really about as heavy as they can be made and still stabilize in standard twist barrels. It's basically the same bullet as the Scirocco in that it is a bonded core bullet like the Scirocco. It's really an excellent bullet and quite accurate. Any more weight and it's just too long to use.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 07:25:27 PM »
In a fast 25 like a 25-06 with the proper barrel or the bigger cases, that is not the case. With those, the 115BT does great, as does the 117 SierraBT. In my 25-06AI, the 125 Wildcat gives .25"-.35" groups at a vel. of 3,250. The 125WC will work in a 25-06 down to 3,100FPS with some rifles, but that is the ragged edge for that bullet.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 05:04:06 AM »
BUT the 110 Accubond is an even longer bullet than the 115 BT or the others you mention. It's NOT weight but length that really matters.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 08:40:25 AM »
BUT the 110 Accubond is an even longer bullet than the 115 BT or the others you mention. It's NOT weight but length that really matters.

Your post mentioned weight, not length & that was what I responded to. But if you want to talk length, the 125 Wildcat is noticeably longer than a 110 Accubond.

Offline 41 mag

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
    • My Pictures
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 01:23:54 AM »
I have shot both the mentioned 125 and 130 gr Wildcats in my 25 with excelent results. It is a standard 1-10 off the shelf Remington.

I cannot say that the 130's were match accuracy but then again I only had a limited number of them to shoot and half were initial loads and the others were used in the field. Out to 300yds however they were under MOA and were awesome on a couple of feral hogs which were unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the right time.

The 125's are now a standard load for my friends 25. It was putting them into less than .75" groups at 200yds.

They will work fine in standard twist rates and love speed. THey are a definate step in the right direction if you want a heavier bullet for this caliber. As far as a standard .257 Roberts, yes it would probably need a quicker twist. But as was mentioned Richard will help out with just about any question on his bullets. Just don't ask for B.C.'s. In most cases, pick the best factory bullet for weight B.C., then add between .050 - .100 to it and your pretty much in the ball park depending on velocity and your average current conditions.

Offline Bigfoot

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »
A poster on another forum just talked to Swift about the 100 gr Scirocco and it's BC is supposed to be .429. No more info other than that. http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1375486/page/1/fpart/1

Offline Guybo

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 01:37:16 AM »
Nosler has the 110 grain Accubond, that's really about as heavy as they can be made and still stabilize in standard twist barrels. It's basically the same bullet as the Scirocco in that it is a bonded core bullet like the Scirocco. It's really an excellent bullet and quite accurate. Any more weight and it's just too long to use.

Ditto!  I can't speak for the swift but the accubond is a very good bullet. I've found it to be accurate in everything i've tried it in and it's performance on game has been excellent for me. I've taken 6 deer with the accubond with the closest shot at 60yds and the longest at 286yds with no bullet recovery. It's very accurate in my Rem Classic 25.06 in front of RL22.