Author Topic: CVA Warranty  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Cknerr

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Antique Rifle Restoration
CVA Warranty
« on: April 02, 2007, 04:11:40 PM »
Found out what they mean by customer service....

It is PRIMO!

With a brand new Elite Optima just out of the box, I found a problem. It looked like the barrel for the 50 cal in-line barrel had a really bad case of pitting. CVA's  Chief Gunsmith Mark Hendrix said to bring it in. I did...

This is where the men from the boys are separated. Mark himself greeted me when I walked in the door (nice touch). Took a look at the really poor pictures I took thorough my boroscope and explained the problem. As I mentioned it looked like some very bad pitting -it wasn't. The  pits where really tiny steel balls from the bead blasting process. The rubber plugs occasionally come loose and of course the steel shot gets in. Since it did damage the barrel, it was replaced.  Mark took the time to explain thing and made sure I understood this particular step in the process. (another nice touch - made sure himself I understood)

I never asked for a thing..didn't have to. The box with the errant barrel was whisked away. Mark took the time in his very busy day to chit chat very cordially  (polite service like this is unheard of outside of some very pricey retailers) The new barrel was in the box when returned. His assistant looked at me and asked what the other barrel was, 30-06 I answered...oops, I put a 270 back in there. Let me change it back. I prefer a 270 and said as much. "...well that is easy, keep it..." so I did - I like that kind of trade. Range report will be coming up. Then just before l left... because I had to drive so far, he gave me a set of scope bases and rings for all my trouble!

Companies like this are rare indeed. I would really like to make it known how much I appreciated Mark's "talking care of the problem". The  other firearm manufacturers could learn a lesson on PR! This type of service will result in a loyal following and CVA's continued and assured success.

Take care and thanks Mark,
Chris
Chris K'nerr
Atlanta Woodwright's Studio, Inc.
Acworth, Ga. 30101
678-770-4274
678-574-5522 (h)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: CVA Warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »
That's the kind of CS story we like to hear!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 06:19:13 PM »

Awesome...simple awesome...Not too many C/S departments like this around these days...These folks want to make sure things are done right with their rifles and equipment...and go the extra mile to ensure it...Kudos to Mark and CVA/BPI for doing it right... ;D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline HillBillyFarmer

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 04:06:57 AM »
Now that's the kind of company we ALL like to do business with! ;D ;D ;D

Offline mangulator

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:59:06 AM »
That is awesome!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 03:29:22 PM »
Man O Man,if they can keep this kind of service up,they're going to get alot of my business. :) :) :) :) :) Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017