Author Topic: CVA Wolf MZ  (Read 987 times)

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
CVA Wolf MZ
« on: April 06, 2007, 01:37:18 AM »
Anybody shooting one of these. Looks like a good alternative to the NEF Huntsman. Same length barrel, break open action, and it's a CVA to boot!
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline holyokster

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CVA Wolf MZ
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:27:50 AM »
I've got one.  It's a good value for the money.  I paid $110 at Walmart just after muzzleoading season when they were clearing the shelves for other seasional items.  Still experimenting with different loads.

Offline Marc5000

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CVA Wolf MZ
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »
I have a .50 cal Beartooth rifle which is made by BPI. I got it years ago at Outdoor World. It's basically the same thing as the newer CVA Wolf, but with standard plastic sights (not fiber optic), plastic ramrod, and no ventilated recoil pad. Frame and 24" barrel appear to be the same as the CVA Wolf.
I wasn't expecting much from it for I paid just $129. But as it turned out I love it. I get good accuracy with hard cast 240gr .430 bullets, green Hornady sabots, and 80gr of Pyrodex RS. I never hunted deer with it, but I take it to the range all the time. It's one the rifles I shoot the most. I have used patched balls and light powder loads (50gr) as well. Accuracy at short range is OK, and it's fun for plinking or getting rid of raccoons.
The only thing I don't like on my Beartooth is the trigger: too heavy. Other than that I'm very happy with it. Good value for the money in my opinion.

Marc