Author Topic: Has anyone else looked into this web dealer?  (Read 998 times)

Offline 84jeepj10

• Trade Count: (0)
Has anyone else looked into this web dealer?
« on: April 10, 2007, 12:00:05 PM »
http://www.SWFA.com or http://www.RifleScopes.com
  They're the same. Based out of Texas, great customer service, always have deals going on scopes, deal in all the most popular lines, and some not so, I couldn't find anyone on the net or in store that was cheaper. I recently purchased a Weaver Classic V Silver 2-10x38mm with fine duplex reticule. I'm stationed at Ft. Hood, TX so they gave me free shipping and since I ordered over the phone before 2pm (CST) it got to me next day. I love the scope, a little short eye relief and demanding at 10x but still perfect for my use and budget.

Once delivered they gave me a 10 day return as long as it wasn't mounted if I didn't like it for a full refund. After that they recommend going through the manufacturer warranty.
1-22 IN, 4 ID Ft Hood, TX
TIkka T3 Light Stainless LH 30-06 sprg

Offline The Gamemaster

• Contributor
Re: Has anyone else looked into this web dealer?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 01:09:54 PM »
Do you want some ketchup with that SPAM?

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 02:49:34 PM »
That is a glowing endorsement.... :-\  How much did you pay for it?

Offline 84jeepj10

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 04:42:18 PM »
Sorry, just thought I would point out my positive experience with that particular online dealer. I know it's not a new place and most likely alot of you have heard of it or even done business with them, guess my $.02 was only worth $.01, lol. Scope was $158 by the way.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 12:46:02 AM »
 :D
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Grubbs

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:13:46 AM »
I love your Tikka rifle, and the scope looks great.  Too bad you had to get it from SWFA....I  consider them to be the bottom of the barrel to deal with. 

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 08:50:40 AM »
As long as you are satisfied with your purchase, that's all that matters, ultimately.  Good looking set-up you have there.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 12:21:33 PM »
84 Jeep.......sorry for the interlude....but there is some history that has a lot to do with the response you've gotten.......

SWFA, as you can tell, isn't held in high regard here.......

As I have no personal experience with them, I'll spare you the details lest it be described as spreading rumors........

Nothing with you personally I assure you.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Zachary

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 04:03:02 PM »
I have purchased from SWFA once in the past.....a long, long time ago.  All I'm going to say is that I don't like their business practice and I will never buy from them again.

Before theopticzone was a sponsor, or even member, of GBO, they were just a regular company selling scopes.  I'll never forget the first scope that I bought from them - a Nikon Monarch 3.5x-10x-50mm Illuminated.  They had the lowest price but, just as, if not more, importantly, they had the absolute best customer service.  Sometime thereafter, and again, before theopticzone was ever affiliated with GBO, I bought another scope.

As moderator of this forum, I often get members ask me where they should buy their scopes.  Even though theopticzone wasn't even a sponsor, I still recommended people to them because I really really think that they are among the best scope company out there.  Then, sometime after that, I happened to see them join as a member.  Wow, I thought that was cool.  Then, I found out that they became a sponsor! 

Guys, I don't endorse anything unless I believe in it.  I have lost count as to how many scopes I have bought from them over the years, but it's certainly over 10 scopes, and I'll tell you why...their prices and outstanding customer service.

Zachary

Offline 84jeepj10

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 07:26:44 PM »
Thanks for the info. I had a problem today with scope slippage in the factory T3 aluminum rings, due to screw loosening because I mistakenly didn't use a thread locking compound. At 10x the eye relief gets a bit shorter, caused me to get scope eye a bit when the scope slipped. Chalk it up to my mistake and a learning experience, kinda like getting a 'stupid-slap' in the forehead.
With the factory aluminum rings do I need to worry about them being aligned or lapping them, if so how much should I expect to pay and is it worth it? How about over-torque on the screws when mounting the scope?

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 08:58:51 AM »
I've bought more scopes from Jon at the opticzone than anywhere else......I give them a 10+ on their service and prices.

Offline Dave in WV

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 10:25:03 AM »
I've delt with SWFA and it was a positive experience. I've delt with Jon at The Optic Zone and I'll give him my business unless he doesn't sell what I'm in the market for. Jon is very easy to work with and I give his company two thumbs up.
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
--Albert Einstein

Offline jason280

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 01:58:59 PM »
I know quite a few people who've ordered from SWFA and they have been very satisfied. 
"Hey Peter, check out Channel 9!!"

Offline Booyah

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »
I have bought several scopes from SWAF and I have never been dissatisfied with them. Over the past years I have purchased probably 15 scopes from them and I have not had one single problem with service or availability. They have a good selection and some of the best prices.