Author Topic: Mod 670  (Read 730 times)

Offline Tikkabuck

• Trade Count: (0)
Mod 670
« on: April 11, 2007, 02:28:41 AM »
 Hey Folks

Quick couple of questions. A shop here has a really nice 670 in 30-06,checkered monte carlo stock with a cheik rest. Mint condition don't look like its ever been in the woods. Whats this rifle worth,how accurite were they,will the barrel interchange with a Model 70,no need for an 06',thinking about switching it over to a 25-06 or 270.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: Mod 670
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 03:39:45 AM »
I think that is just another Model 70 in a stock configured to hide the magazine floorplate, if I have the right model in mind.  If so, it would rebarrel the same as any other Model 70.

You may wish to run this down to the Gunsmithing Forum and ask the gunnut69 (moderator) the same question.  I'm sure he can help.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline doorgunner

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 06:21:48 PM »
If you can get it for $350 or less, then buy it, as long as it has the traditional Winchester 3-position safety.  The also made them with a standard two position sliding safety, which in my book is a whole different animal.

I can tell you that they are a Model 70, no ands, ifs, or butts.  They were sold as an economy model, to compete against Remington and Savage back in the day. 

They sold inexpensively back then, because they didn't have a hinged floorplate, the receiver was bead blasted instead of polished, and the barrel was wire brushed, instead of polished, and they came stocked in inexpensive birch rather than walnut.

They are great rifles, and have a decent reputation for being solid, accurate shooters.  They will accept Model 70 barrels and other parts.
"Walk Softly, and Carry a Large Caliber Bolt Gun!"

Offline Tikkabuck

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:00:59 PM »
 Thanks Guys

Offline Aardvark

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 05:51:54 PM »
 I own 2 . One is 30-06 and one is 7mag....I will buy all that I can afford to when the price is right...I just bought the '06 for $250 on GB and I only paid $340 for the 7mag...Both are excellent guns and have the 2 pos. safety...There were less than 300K built, so one day they will be collectors,especially given the Winchester circumstance...Diamonds in the ruff.
/^\__/^\
((*)   (*))
 ``(oo) ``
(V\/vv\/V)