Author Topic: Tracker II and cast slugs?  (Read 384 times)

Huntsman1

Tracker II and cast slugs?
« on: April 12, 2007, 04:01:48 PM »
Hello there :), I'm looking at possibly buying a Tracker II slug gun and since I cast my own Lee Drive Key 1oz slugs, I was wondering if anyone else does? What kind of accuracy can I expect? Currently, I am shooting these slugs thru a Carlsons rifled choke attached to my Win 1200. and I'm not happy with the groups I'm getting :(
Thanks for all your oppinions & advice if given ;)

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
Re: Tracker II and cast slugs?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
I had cast some LEE 7/8 oz slugs to try in my Tracker II. They shot very nice groups @ 50yds,  and were ok @ 100. However, I could not be confident to hunt with them, as I felt the power level was too low.
I had also cast and shot some of the Lyman 12ga 537gr slugs. They shot well, but were too rough on me at the range. I sold that mold, after I found a 2 3/4" 1 oz sabot from Federal that shot really well for me, and were not so expensive as others. I eventually bought 2 cases on an auction site.  After the initial workup of about 20-30 rounds, I've only shot 17 rounds for the past 3 deer seasons........6 the 1st [1 deer], and 5 the 2nd [no deer] and 6 this past season [1 deer] .  At this rate, I can pass on the remains of the 500 rounds with the Tracker II to one of my sons!
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!