Author Topic: high gas prices  (Read 459 times)

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
high gas prices
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:23:13 AM »
Has the accelerating prices of gas put a damper on anyone's summer travel plans? >:(

Offline S.S.

Re: high gas prices
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »
Yes.. I even try to arrange my trips to town so that I can take care of
as much as possible in one trip ! Prices have went up about 50 ct per gallon in the
last two weeks..
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:35:42 AM »
The high gas prices may put a damper on my plans.  I retired last May, had some loose ends to tie up, and afterward planned to hit the road and travel for a couple of years.  At eleven miles per gallon, and diesel near $3.00 a gallon, my travels may be very limited.

And to top it off, the value of the truck and fifth wheel has taken a plunge as a result of gas prices.  Oh well, I guess I can park it on the back forty and camp out in the back yard.

Offline SAA

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
Do you think you have high gas prizes? Let me tell you that here in Sweden we pay twice as much for gas and diesel, because of taxes.
And yes, it affects our summer travel plans. :(

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »
Not intending to divert the discussion, but why doesn't Ford or Chevy offer a Ranger/S10 sized 4 cylinder diesel with a stick that gets good MPG? I would buy one just to commute. I know they produce these in other countries, just not in North America. Right now I'm converting a VW diesel pickup to run on fry oil. See www.fribrid.com
Don

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 03:25:39 PM »
Only going to make 1 big trip this summer , thats from NW Ohio to West end of the OK panhandle and back , i'm making that trip even if gas is $4 a gal. would not miss it for the world .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 03:38:18 PM »
Do you come near St. Louis on your way through? Maybe you could do a shoot along the way?
Don

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 03:44:55 AM »
Gawd, I hope I own some oil stock.  It would be nice to believe that we'll someday find a different, cheaper fuel to run our vehicles on, but I wouldn't hold my breath.   

I think there is plenty of oil and if the politicians would get out of the way maybe "Big Oil" would get about supplying it.  Meanwhile, all the efforts to limit drilling, exploration and expansion has worked fairly well to drive profits up for the big producers.
Swingem

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 04:17:05 AM »
I have not let the high gas prices change any of my plans. I am going to Canada for a bear hunt in August and I travel to West Virginia ever other weekend.

Funny how them Democraps said they were going to lower gas prices when they got the majority in the Whitehouse. Looks like gas prices have done nothing but go up. Lies nothing but lies. I am glad I did not vote for them.  >:(
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA