Author Topic: Sculler Life Saving Gun  (Read 815 times)

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Sculler Life Saving Gun
« on: April 14, 2007, 06:37:27 PM »
Hello,

Is anyone in the Portland or Washington state (Amboy) area looking for a Sculler life saving cannon/gun? If so, send me a PM and I'll send you the link. It is not mine but, I came across it in a public classified. It has been slightly modified by the addition of wheels and copper coating but, it's no big deal. There are a couple of extra parts with it that do not belong (ie. cap square, elevating screw and worm head) but, they would be good for a future cannon project. Their asking price is fair at $1450 for what it is.

Since, this is not mine I will not post the listing link but, I'll post a reference photo for those who who may be interested.

If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.

Offline totallycustom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Sculler Life Saving Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 08:25:15 AM »
Give us some more info.  What is the bore?  What was its purpose for originally?  Line thrower?   -TC-
-TC-

Offline intoodeep

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Sculler Life Saving Gun
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »
TC,

This Sculler cannon would have a 2.5" bore. They were designed to be a line thrower. The weight of these are under 200 pounds. I believe this one would be approx. 184 pounds. They did not have wheels as shown in the photo. They were designed to be carted and carried.

As, I stated before this is not mine. It is one I that came across on Craigslist. I do not know if it's still available as it's been a few days since I found it. It's just too far from me and I thought I would toss this here to see if someone would be interested. Anyway, the link is:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/clt/311715053.html

The seller of this also has a set of 30" Hanson wheels listed too.
If you make it idiot proof, then, someone will make a better idiot.