Author Topic: question about 20 ga tamer  (Read 528 times)

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
question about 20 ga tamer
« on: April 15, 2007, 04:01:17 AM »
Does any one know if a Tracker 1 barrel would fit the tamer. What a sweet deer gun that would make.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: question about 20 ga tamer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 04:36:44 AM »
It should fit since it is just a standard sb1 receiver as far as I can tell.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:56:58 AM »
 well I got my wish ,sort of.  My son put a new stock on his 45/410 survivor and gave me the old one. It is now on my 20 ga. and it makes a pretty sweet set up. I,m taking it to the range today and fire some 3 inch #4s and some 2 3/4 in. slugs thru it to see how much it recoils. I can always add some weight in the stock to dampen it down if necessary. I think I'm going to like the pistol grip with the tracker 1 barrel installed for deer this year. Only time will tell.

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 11:51:51 PM »
Ya wanna really have some fun with???  Have it tapped for choke tubes.  I did, and the pattern with #4's is great.  I'm using it for turkey in a few weeks.  Enjoy, sounds like you got what you were looking for and the $$$ was certainly right. ;D
cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 03:19:31 AM »
I  have a full choke barrel  for turkeys  and a tracker 1 barrel for slugs.  The recoil wasn't  nearly as heavy as I thought it would be with such a lite stock. It could be a tad longer but in winter my heavy hunting clothes will probably make up for that.ALL in all, I would say it's definitely a keeper.