Author Topic: Walkin' Around Gun  (Read 838 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Walkin' Around Gun
« on: April 15, 2007, 11:59:49 AM »
Well, I found it!!  I swapped for a set of youth synthetic stocks a week or so ago.  I put em on my 22" Mod 20ga.   SWEEET !!  What a Handi set up.  Light, short and shoots real well.  Recoil is not bad at all with the factory Recoil Pad. 

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Walkin' Around Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 02:17:03 PM »
sounds great Cookieman, but why the youth stock instead of a regular length synthetic stock? The weight difference must be just a couple of ounces. Does it fit you better or were you trying to make it a bit shorter overall?....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 11:30:51 PM »
I have short arms, Andy.  It fits me well and I wanted to keep things as compact as possible.  If I get a chance to pick up a full length set off the classifieds, I will do so.  Just to see how I like it.  The one disadvantage is the short distance between the sling studs.  I may have to pick up a barrel band for the front swivel.   The longer stocks DO help me keep my head down and get a better cheek weld when wing shooting, so it could be necessary to go back to a full length stock if I have any problems wing shooting.  I will just have to shoot more to see if this is a problem.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 12:16:49 AM »
That makes sense buddy, good luck with it and it sounds as if its working out great so far, light and compact....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley