Author Topic: Patterned the Tracker I today  (Read 564 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Patterned the Tracker I today
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:10:45 PM »
I patterned my T1 with the new X-Full choke today.  At 25yds/#4's she's deadly.  I could even use #6 if I had too.  The 12ga 22"Mod will do it with #8's and a lot more kick.  I am gettin' better shooting off the bead.  I may have been able to do without putting a choke in my T1, but I really like those sights.  If I get one within 20yds of me, I'll be eatin' turkey.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: Patterned the Tracker I today
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 05:15:27 PM »
sounds good cookie...glad its working out for you. good luck with the turkeys!
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:37 PM »
Hey Joe,  Have you had a chance to pattern that Full Choke 20ga yet.  It should do fine also.  I think you're gonna like it.  I didn't try any heavy shot, you might want to try that.  It is supposed to increase your range a bit.  At least that's what I have heard.  Good Luck to you also.

cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 02:20:15 AM »
I found a local smith to do the D&T just haven't received the scope mount from NEF yet!  I plan to pattern it later this week though. Our turkey season opens next Monday.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:41:02 AM »

......... I may have been able to do without putting a choke in my T1, but I really like those sights.........

cookiemann

You would have got by without it, but you opened up the performance of versatility of the barrel and 20ga.  Rabbits, squirrel, turkey and deer, thats a very nice -all in one- "go to" barrel.
I look forward to more reports on different ammo and the chokes you use and let us know when ya get some pics up 8)

-Aaron

Offline ONE HOLE 4570

• Trade Count: (33)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:30:01 AM »
Cookie with the right load you can probably reach out a little farther than that, mine will get em at 40 yrds 4x6 remington duplex
That's my boy, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 01:22:21 PM »
Yep, I was thinking that, too.  I want to try a couple more different loads and maybe some heavy shot, too.  I have almost a month before I can hunt, so I still have time to do some work on that.  Thanks for the input .

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"