Author Topic: Shooting at Virginia Tech  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 03:16:15 PM »
I'm surprised that in a room of nearly 30 college students that a few of them didn't get together and tackle this guy.  If my options were wait cowering under a desk to be shot, hoping the gunman will run out of ammo before he gets to me, or attempt to disarm him I really think my instinct to survive would have kicked in and I would have gone into attack mode. 
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »
BRETT. A student said on TV that the scum emptied both guns, sat down to reload, and he and the rest just laid there, 10 ft away, and played dead. We have become a nation of sheeple. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 05:49:26 PM »
BRETT. A student said on TV that the scum emptied both guns, sat down to reload, and he and the rest just laid there, 10 ft away, and played dead. We have become a nation of VICTIMS. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I fixed it for ya. ;)

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 01:59:14 AM »
Powderman, my brother told me he saw the same thing about a student just watching him reload. Can't believe that somebody could just play dead and not do something. Probably boils down to the fact, he was trained to be politically correct from a child. Never had any experience with a firearm, make sure you never fight back, go tell the teacher if Johnny push's you around, big brother will always be there to protect you.
Hard to put ones self in somebody else's shoe's. The professor that was killed, had been put to the test 65 years ago. He knew what he had to do. Will pray for all of them. We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 05:04:17 AM »
  A couple points made here that need reinforcing;

As Magooch said..you don't hear of such mass killings in Gun shows or  trap shoots.. and I'll add sheriff's conventions or "good ol' boy's barbecues"...LOL   

The Libs are so stupid..they don't realize that by creating a "gun free" zone, they are setting that place up for a mass murderer who is bent on killing as many as possible...

...." LIBERAL LOGIC " ..world's greatest oxymoron ( emphasis on the "moron")

Tallyho pointed out a very cogent article about "The Culture of Passivity" !

Males between 19 and 24 are NOT children ! If they want to be considered as such..there is something wrong with their psychological development.
    It is interesting however, that some want to be considered "men"  ..when they are at a beer party, spring break or an off campus party where "exotic dancers" are featured..
   Yet, when it comes to a "manly" thing...like paying their own way, serving their country or facing adversity...they want to be thought of a "children"..

Let's compare another group of males 19 through 24...

How far would a killer of this type get in a 30+ man platoon of men in the 82nd Airborne, Marines or Rangers...even if they weren't armed ?

The problem comes from the systematic feminizing of ALL students in most of our schools, for those who will accept it .

Consider how another group of young Americans, also aged 19-24.... handle people that try to kill them..

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2022196162

Many male students are sucked into the program...then there are some whose parents remind them that boys and girls differ...no matter what the school's agenda is.
  I believe that these, who are raised masculine, are the core of what the Airborne, Marines, Rangers and most all other combat arms troops is made up of...

But think for just a moment... the great difference between these two groups !

...As I see it...this is all part of the Commucrat's "culture war"...that they have declared against our traditional red, white and blue America..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 06:19:01 AM »
   Word is, the Va legislature was considering allowing CC on campus for those who were qualified...but the VT pres went there and testified against such an allowance...declaring that his students would be much safer if the place remained "gun free"..

Yeah right ! .."Gun free"... to all except some nut bent on mass murder !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 06:48:52 AM »
If I see one more hand wringing common tater, or politician say that they believe in the Second Amendment, but we have to do something about the proliferation of firearms and get them out of the hands of the masses...my gawd, don't these dopes ever listen to themselves--what monumental dolts.  And then to really show what morons they are, they announce to the world that they don't and would never have a gun.  Why don't they just send out a formal invitation for a home invasion?
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007, 04:19:56 PM »
This punk was declared mentally incompetent and a threat to himself and others 2 years ago. He should have been expelled and barred from the campus then. Just an observation, but I'll bet if he had been  white it would have happened. Expelling a poor, underpriveleged korean boy wouldn't have been PC. Just my opinion. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2007, 02:56:45 AM »
  Should cleared, competent students be allowed to carry on campus ?

www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55326

Offline magooch

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 04:17:53 AM »
Anyone who isn't a fellon and who is of legal age should be allowed to carry anywhere.  Oh yeah, they should also be a citizen and not crazy.
Swingem

Offline Hooker

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 11:47:57 AM »
Anyone who isn't a fellon and who is of legal age should be allowed to carry anywhere.  Oh yeah, they should also be a citizen and not crazy.

Amen except the crazy part I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane ;D

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 03:01:24 PM »
The Euromedia is already blaming Charlston Heston ,and^the NRA for this
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
  A couple points made here that need reinforcing;

As Magooch said..you don't hear of such mass killings in Gun shows or  trap shoots.. and I'll add sheriff's conventions or "good ol' boy's barbecues"...LOL   

The Libs are so stupid..they don't realize that by creating a "gun free" zone, they are setting that place up for a mass murderer who is bent on killing as many as possible...

...." LIBERAL LOGIC " ..world's greatest oxymoron ( emphasis on the "moron")

Tallyho pointed out a very cogent article about "The Culture of Passivity" !

Males between 19 and 24 are NOT children ! If they want to be considered as such..there is something wrong with their psychological development.
    It is interesting however, that some want to be considered "men"  ..when they are at a beer party, spring break or an off campus party where "exotic dancers" are featured..
   Yet, when it comes to a "manly" thing...like paying their own way, serving their country or facing adversity...they want to be thought of a "children"..

Let's compare another group of males 19 through 24...

How far would a killer of this type get in a 30+ man platoon of men in the 82nd Airborne, Marines or Rangers...even if they weren't armed ?

The problem comes from the systematic feminizing of ALL students in most of our schools, for those who will accept it .

Consider how another group of young Americans, also aged 19-24.... handle people that try to kill them..

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2022196162

Many male students are sucked into the program...then there are some whose parents remind them that boys and girls differ...no matter what the school's agenda is.
  I believe that these, who are raised masculine, are the core of what the Airborne, Marines, Rangers and most all other combat arms troops is made up of...

But think for just a moment... the great difference between these two groups !

...As I see it...this is all part of the Commucrat's "culture war"...that they have declared against our traditional red, white and blue America..

Just like the post offices, look what happen to alot of them because of these stupid gun free zones, and other places of work. The criminals do not care if a place is gun free or not, they are going to take a gun in there. The criminal sees these people as easy prey, because he or she knows they don't have any protection.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 07:30:12 AM »
I live in Va. sent 3 kids to public school , from day one they are told to not fight back ! my oldest took care of his self on a few occa. I had to accept a little vacation for him if he had of been punished for defending himself which was not a problem since he was taught to not start fights but under no circumstance was he to let someone attack him without defending himself ! The other 2 are the same , So it is little suprise no one attempted to defend themselves !
Self defense is a act that iin itself is against what most people like to think about , ie the gun in most cases you are not touching the other guy but hand to hand or knife , or most other acts on your part that would make someone STOP what they are doing are hard for most people to do , look at the people today who can't cut a chicken up , they sell parts today not many chickens , cut thru. a bone or break a joint "you are kidding RIGHT ?
so to ask someone to stick a pencil into someones eye to stop a mass murder is alot to ask ! most have not ever heard of such a thing ! " THATS GROSS "
if any of you have taken a self defense course it most likely started with how to see a problem comming and avoid it ( not getting in a fight is better than winning ) so with all the clues this guy was leaving over his life i find it hard to believe the police , teachers ,doctors and all the other who should know  didn't see it comming !
every person that teaches a child to not defend themself must shoulder their part of the blame for the Tech. murders !
if you remember only one thing , the police , fireman ,doctors ,teachers and most others in govt. react to an event not stop it from happening ! its a shame the students didn't know how to react to save  themselves ! thank goodness the people on the flight over Pa. did on 9/11 !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 09:13:49 AM »
Here is a good piece from Nugent, that pretty much sums it up.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/19/commentary.nugent/index.html
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2007, 04:51:40 PM »
Shootall;

I have a grandson and other folk here have sons and grandsons that are in combat in Iraq..

I believe we are all glad they were NOT given the brainwashing that trained them not to fight back !

Tell your local school board about that !...LOL

Offline powderman

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »
I cannot understand why there was no resistance. There had to be at least something to throw. Why didn'y somebody, ANYBODY help the elderly professor block the door??? He was a holocost survivor and was not as strong as the punk with the gun. These were not kids, they were grown men and women, WHY DIDN'T they help him??? Being passive is a learned thing, what happened to instinct?? Self defense??? I'm really having a problem with all of this crap. POWDERMAN.

Offline WmRoy

• A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2007, 05:42:10 PM »
I cannot understand why there was no resistance. There had to be at least something to throw. Why didn'y somebody, ANYBODY help the elderly professor block the door??? He was a holocost survivor and was not as strong as the punk with the gun. These were not kids, they were grown men and women, WHY DIDN'T they help him??? Being passive is a learned thing, what happened to instinct?? Self defense??? I'm really having a problem with all of this crap. POWDERMAN.

http://boortz.com/nuze/index.html

Neal Boortz has been talking about this alot..............

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 02:08:13 AM »
IRONGLOW , i would lol if it wasn't so sad ! and you hit it dead center , BRAINWASHING !
We are lucky to have men and women who serve in the service in spite of the brain washing and P.C. govt.
Maybe some one can educate me ? we are a super power maybe the only one on earth today , why is it important that we act like we are weak ? its like in iran we can't hit certain buildings or areas , if the other side really cared they wouldn't use them , which they do or heaven forbid we hammer one of their leaders , if ya cut the head off a snake it dies RIGHT ? I think this crazy way of thinking has worked its way right on into the education system .
when i was in high school , if ya got in a fight the teachers would send ya to the coach , the whole school would come to the gym , 28 oz. gloves werte put on and ya sludged it out no break or rest when ya got beat it was over . now its hard to hurt someone with 28 oz. gloves on and its hard to back down with everyone watching , so most of the time people got tired shook hands and it was over , it taught us 2 things 1- be sure its worth fighting for and and if ya start a fight see it thru. bet that won't happen in any school today , maybe a military school

Offline Brett

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 05:06:30 AM »
Ironglow, you make me long for the good old days before the gov'ment sissified the school system... excuse me, made the schools politically correct.   Our slogan used to be "When the going gets tough the tough get going."  it's now become "When the going gets tough we cower and run." 

I coach 6 and 7 year olds in youth soccer.  Sometimes during a practice a kid would come to me whining "so and so keeps taking the ball away from me", I'ld tell them "so take it back, that's soccer if you can't deal with it go play T ball."    Luckily I live out in the country down south so most of the parents are okay with my "tough love" style of coaching.  :D   

Back in my youth my dad taught us not to go looking for trouble but he also emphasized that we not back down from bullies either. When I got into a physical confrontation I can recall the first question my old man would ask was "Did you start it?"  If I did not start it everything was cool.  Then he would want to know if I kicked some a$$.  (Dad was a navy man.)  When my sister started college in Boston he presented her with a mother of pearl handled switch blade to carry on the subway and at school "just in case.".   I really miss dad.  He was tough but he was fair and honest... the kind of man anybody would respect.   

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »
Brett , sounds like a great father ! he earned respect no one gave it to him or anyone else , lots of people ( sheeple ) just expect it , don't know about earning it !

Offline Brett

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2007, 10:52:21 AM »
Yep, Dad signed up for the Navy soon after he and mom married during WWII.  Said he knew his number was coming up and thought he would join the Navy so at least he would always have a rack to sleep on and hot meals to eat.  :D For many years he really didn't talk much about it.  It wasn't until he was well into his seventies that he started telling us about some of his experiences during his service. 

After the war he opened his own wood working shop, Viking Wood Products.  He made display racks, cabinets, etc used by many of the large department stores in the Boston area.  He was a very skilled cabinet maker.  He even helped test one of the earliest brad guns and was featured in an article in Time Magazine.   After closing his shop he worked as a QC Engineer for a major engineering firm in Boston which designed nuclear power plants amongst other things.  He always worked hard to provide a good home and some of the good things in life for mom and us three kids.  Things that his parents who immigrated here from Sweden never dreamed of having like a vacation home on the ocean.

Dad loved the water and loved to fish.  He used to tell us about some of his surf fishing adventures which ranged from home on Cape Cod to the beaches of Long Island.  He even built himself a surf fishing buggy complete with a fold out kitchen and high floatation small aircraft tires so that it could be driven on the dunes and beaches. It was probably one of the earliest specialized vehicle of it's kind at that time.  He also loved boating as well so when he wasn't plying the surf he was out trying his luck from a boat.  Looking at old photo's of his catches just amazes me.  I wounder if fishing will ever be that good again.

Offline SAA

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »
when i was in high school , if ya got in a fight the teachers would send ya to the coach , the whole school would come to the gym , 28 oz. gloves werte put on and ya sludged it out no break or rest when ya got beat it was over . now its hard to hurt someone with 28 oz. gloves on and its hard to back down with everyone watching , so most of the time people got tired shook hands and it was over , it taught us 2 things 1- be sure its worth fighting for and and if ya start a fight see it thru.
That's the way to deal with kids fighting in school! ;D
We have too much teachers in school who think they are Sigmund Freud... ::)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2007, 09:39:55 AM »
Yep ! if a picture is worth a 1000 words then a black eye is worth 1000000 !nothing gets a point across faster than the pain of paying for your actions ! and nothing builds respect faster than to be right and not backing down !