Author Topic: What sort of movement is needed for full CC reciprocity?  (Read 822 times)

Offline deltecs

• Trade Count: (2)
What sort of movement is needed for full CC reciprocity?
« on: April 17, 2007, 05:05:03 PM »
What requirements in each state are needed to be changed, so reciprocity is granted to all States?  People do travel a lot between States.  I'm not paranoid but the Virginia Tech situation could have happened at a McDonald's and once did.  We all know that a complete ban on all guns would not have prevented the massacre.  I for one, when I travel, do carry a weapon and would like to carry it legally in all States.  I know that is not going to happen in New York, New Jersey, or Mass, and a few other places.  However, most of us cannot carry one in the States that permit concealed carry.  The reciprocity agreements between Concealed Carry States are not uniform and should be.  State A recognize State B.  State B recognizes State C.  State A does not recognize State C.  Any ideas on how to repair this unfavorable state of affairs?
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: What sort of movement is needed for full CC reciprocity?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 05:35:46 PM »
Illinois does have full reciprocity.  We can't carry at all - and neither can anybody from any other state.  :(
I'm not mocking your question.  There are such variances in all firearms laws amongst the states, and CCW generally having a higher level of qualifications which also vary considerably from state to state, I believe that just won't happen.  What is necessary to change that? I would guess it would take some federal legislation.  Realistically?  It's all politics.
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline Hooker

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 07:49:59 PM »
CC permit= the government stealing our rights then selling them back to us.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Almtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 03:47:30 AM »
Hooker has the best answer to what this is all about!  ;D
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 04:19:36 AM »
I agree with Hooker's sentiment, but that doesn't quite answer the question of how reciprocity could become legal.  The answer is that it will never become universal as long as liberal Dumbycrats are in control of Congress and/or your state government.  Lord knows it probably wouldn't happen if Republicans ran the whole show.

I believe those of us who believe in the Second Amendment and avail ourselves of the right to carry will just have to do what is prudent and carry legally when we can and maybe a little illegally when we must.  In my own case, I try to avoid states where I know I could have a problem.  Unfortunately, I sometimes do have to travel through California.  I do try very hard to comply with state regulations, but I will not put myself in jeopardy of being totally unprotected.
Swingem

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:02:19 AM »
Last I heard was that 33 states had signed reciprocity agreements.  I do believe most are out west.  Can't remember which ones they are, but Alaska is one of them.  The people of each state must contact their state reprosentatives to get this changed.  I believe someone is working on trying to standard those agreements.  I can't say for sure but I believe it is the NRA doing that.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:29:55 AM »
As far as I now, Georgia Honors any states that honor theirs..
Seems as fair as possible..
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »
CC permit= the government stealing our rights then selling them back to us.

Pat

Yep, and self registration, or, at least volunteering the information that you have a handgun.

I paid the bribe......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 09:51:09 PM »
As far as I now, Georgia Honors any states that honor theirs..
Seems as fair as possible..
In Alabama ,I believe we have repical permits with 17 other states.So that covers most of them for me here,since it gets all that are around me.........Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 05:53:44 AM »
"Lord knows it probably wouldn't happen if Republicans ran the whole show."

Right on, despite all the stuff that the Republicans hinted to for 12 years they never considered it important to pass US wide concealed carry for us ordinary citizens:  Guess they do not trust law abiding folks with guns.  They did pass it for cops. 

Offline Hooker

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 07:44:40 PM »
"Lord knows it probably wouldn't happen if Republicans ran the whole show."

Right on, despite all the stuff that the Republicans hinted to for 12 years they never considered it important to pass US wide concealed carry for us ordinary citizens:  Guess they do not trust law abiding folks with guns.  They did pass it for cops. 

Do you really want the feds telling you what you can and can't do with in your own state?
This is a matter best hashed out between individual states.The federal government has no authority to impose anything on us.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 04:29:30 AM »
Hooker, what country are you living in?  It must be a country that has a constitution and elected officials who believe in it.
Swingem

Offline Hooker

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 07:34:36 AM »
LOL
You know how when you hear a song over and over on the radio until it gets stuck in your head and you start humming.
This how lies become fact, they repeat it enough folks take it for the gospel truth.
I'm hoping that by repeating the truth enough it will have everybody singing the song. ;)

Pat
-Mark Twain

Offline deltecs

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »
I've read the posts with delight.  2 Bills have been introduced into this 110th Congress to federally mandate reciprocity by states having concealed carry.  House Bill H.R. 226 sponsored by Representative Cliff Stearns of Florida and Senate Bill S. 388 by Senator John Thune of South Dakota.  If we can read this post, we are able to get the names and addresses of our congressional delegation from the Net, and write them to demand they vote yes and approve this Bill.  Passage will require that we write from every state and to every representative of those states having concealed carry to get final passage.  Maybe instead of talking we might just "git er done."  Let's see if do live in a nation with a constitution and elected representatives.  Maybe a grass roots effort from GBO members may accomplish the impossible. On an aside, we shouldn't forget our gratitude to Rep Stearns and Sen Thune. 
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 06:59:03 AM »
Every registered voter, should notify their elected officials and voice their opinion.  There will be no action on the part of those elected to make the laws until those who vote let them know what we want.

It is always best to contact  your law makers in writing.  Begin the letter by stating, "I am a registered voter from (where ever you are from),  be precise, to the point, and keep the letter short, one page if possible.  Sign with your full name, address and phone number.

We never get anything by wishing for it, to reach our goal, we must ask.  Write today.  And after writing it doesn't hurt to make an occasional phone call to let them know you are still there.

At this time, another important thing is to join the NRA.  Numbers do count.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 07:19:59 AM »
I sent my Representative 2 letters during the past week, the last letter was yesterday, so he knows my concerns.

I would like to also add that anyone can subscribe to low-volume GOA alerts which does a good job of keeping you well informed by clicking on this link.

http://www.gunowners.org/ean.htm
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline S.S.

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 07:56:54 AM »
No state I travel to doesn't accept A Georgia Permit except South Carolina.
I therefore bypass South Carolina...
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline deltecs

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
Hooray for Georgia for reciprocity standards.  However, all of Georgia's elected representatives in US Congress will vote to pass or deny reciprocity in other states.  We need your letters to approve this Bill.  By the way Alaska recognizes all states but only a handful recognize theirs.  Thanks

Greg
deltecs