Author Topic: We now have a new Sponsor For this Forum- Mueller Optics  (Read 4673 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: We now have a new Sponsor For this Forum- Mueller Optics
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2007, 12:27:29 PM »
Three have and we're still waiting with bated breath on the official reports.  :o A bit impatiently tho.  ;D

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2007, 01:57:14 PM »
Gosh, the only reason that I passed up on the opportunity to get a free scope (and thus give such a great opportunity to someone else) was because I knew that, because of work, I wouldn't be able to timely test it and post a report.  But heck, as busy as I was, I'm sure that I would have posted a report by now.  Now I kinda wish that I would have volunteered.  Oh well.

In any event, for those of you who have received your scopes, please post a report as soon as you can.  I'm really interested in hearing your comments.  Thanks.

Zachary

Offline NONYA

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 11:03:07 PM »
I offered to do a very involved review with photos even if I couldnt keep the scope,they turned me down....their mistake.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 01:55:57 PM »
By the time I realized that they were giving scopes away and all they wanted in return was a report and if you liked it to tell someone else. It was to late. They were given out. Well I bought one last week it is a Mueller 8.5x25x44 with the Ao on it. I received the scope on Tuesday and mounted it on My H&R NEF 243 Ultra Varmint rifle as soon as I got home. I was suprised by the size it was a good bit longer than the Bushnell Banner 6x24x40 scope I had prior. It was also bigger around whitch I understand because it is a 44 objective compaired to a 40. The other thing I noticed was it has a paint run inside the objective lens. You know where the sun shade would screw into. It is not on the glass so I guess I will get over it. Allthough I wish it wern't there. It appears to be more clear than the Banner on the higher powers. I plan to get out to the range this weekend for some sighting in and some real practice at 300 yards and beyond. I will be using this rig In Pa on some Groundhogs out past 600 yards. Once I get it dialed in and hit the fields I will report more. I just can't can't wait till this weekend. You see they should have given me one. They would have had a report weeks ago.   Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline HEAD0001

• Avid Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 04:32:18 PM »
I am looking for a new inexpensive scope for a truck varmint rig.  I am considering one.  My only question is how does it track??  Is it positive clicks or is it friction??  I am not real concerned about twilight factor-it will be a daytime scope.  Come on guys, how does it track??  Tom.
Tom Chase  Passed away at his home on Wed Nov 23

RIP Tom.

Offline six_gunz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2007, 07:52:21 PM »
I know it has been covered but I can't find the search function anymore, but where are Mueller scopes manufactured?   Is there a difference between the glass in the Tactical and Eraticator scopes.   On the Mueller website they mention "fully multi-coated glass" and Euro coated glass.   Are those 2 terms the same.   

Coastwatcher,
I don't think there's a difference in the glass of the Tactical and the Eraticator scopes. The Eraticator has a very small micro-dot in the middle of a fine cross hair for very small game at long ranges (prairie dogs) so not to block the target. The micro-dot is black under normal lighting conditions and can be illuminated (red) under low light conditions. The Tactical model uses your basic mil-dot rectical. The difference in the two seems to be more of design and purpose for use.
Now, I'm not a coating expert but I do work at an IR optics company. I work in diamond turning, but do know some about coating. We turn the IR lenses because we use what is called an Aspheric Radius and these types rifle scopes use a lens with a basic radius and can be ground and polished without the need of diamond turning, we coat our infra red lenses using mostly a hard carbon film process. (Just an added tid-bit, we make the night vision scope that the military currently uses on the M-16)
The term "Euro Coated" is simply their process for (film) coating their lenses...I'm not familiar with it but that's what I gathered. The term "fully multi-coated glass" means they multi coat all air - to glass surfaces. The coatings on lens surfaces reduce light loss and glare due to reflection, resulting in a brighter, higher-contrast image with reduced eyestrain and more coating leads to better light transmission.   - six_gunz
"I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt!"