Author Topic: We now have a new Sponsor For this Forum- Mueller Optics  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
We now have a new Sponsor For this Forum- Mueller Optics
« on: April 18, 2007, 05:59:06 PM »
As you might have notice Jon's banner disappeared from the top of this forum when he elected to no longer be the Sponsor of this particular forum. Rich of Mueller Optics has stepped up to the plate and agreed to Sponsor this Forum for us.

He has also agreed to supply some of our Moderators with scopes to review so that they will better understand the quality of his scopes and the value they represent. Those Moderators who volunteered for the review program will be getting their review scopes in the very near future. Rich is also again supporting the 3rd Annual GBO NEF Prairie Dog Shoot with some scope donations.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline GregP42

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Re: We now have a new Sponsor For this Forum- Mueller Optics
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:14:29 AM »
Bill,

That is very cool, Welcome Rich and thanks for sponsoring this forum and the donation to the shoot. I have never seen one of your scopes, but hope to be able to check one out sometime in the future.

Greg
NRA Life Member
"Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety."  - Ben Franklin, 1776
Vis Sis Mis!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:16:40 PM »
Yes, congratulations.

I myself am admittedly unfamiliar with your scopes.  Many of our members ask me my opinion about them but, as GB said, given that I am not familiar with them, I cannot recommend them, much less form an opinion.  Although I am swamped with many trials and hearings in the upcoming weeks, I hope to get a chance to become familiar with your products in the near future.

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:08:36 PM »
Zach, Rich has offered to provide some scopes to Moderators here for them to do reviews on his products. If you'd like to participate in this provide me with shipping info and what gun/use you'd put it to so Rich can select the scope he feels would best meet your needs. I had originally had four moderators express an interest but so far only three have provided me the needed info. If you wish to be the fourth let me know.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ken2222

• Trade Count: (23)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:07:44 PM »
Thanks Rich and welcome....I'm looking forward to reviewing Mueller Optics. I haven't seen one, other than pictures, but look forward to testing one for us. Thanks again.

And Thanks Bill.    ;D

Ken

Offline Zachary

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »
GB,

I would like to participate, but my problem is that our law firm has expanded into another location and I am helping head it.  As such, I'm going to be swamped for quite a while and don't know when I would get to the range.  I surely wouldn't want to hold up their products in a box when someone else can try it out and give all of us a faster report.

Zachary

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 04:08:38 PM »
Graybeard, if Zach can't do it, I will give them a try. You know I am a Leupold man and would love to try other scopes out.  E-mail me if you would like me to do it. Surfish7(AT) aol.com. I have a nice Remington 30-06 looking for a scope. I have a Leupold I was going to put on it, but I would be more than willing to try something different.

Thanks
Alex
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »
You can send me your shipping info and some idea of what guns you'd use it on. I'll forward it to Rich. I have no idea how many he is willing to send out. I had originally mentioned four who had volunteered to him. I have already forwarded him the first three names and was waiting to see what Zach's response was before forwarding anymore. Yours would make three more to send.

It ill be up to Rich to decide how many get scopes and if less than all six names submitted who based on what they intend to do with them and how well something in his line fits that intended use. He might send to all six of you, I honestly dunno as I've not asked him.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 04:06:11 PM »
Wow
Impressive.  good for them.  I know the moderators have to put in a lot of their time, like you do GB, and it's nice to see them rewarded.  Hope they get to keep them.

Welcome Mueller!!
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 05:53:37 PM »
Oh yeah they will get to keep them but it's not all a free lunch. They have to do a review and write up the results and post it and then are expected to use that knowledge gained in the future when someone asks about Mueller scopes. So long as they are satisfied with the scopes and their performance it should be a win-win situation for all involved.

I've only used one Mueller scope  that Rich sent me for such a review way back about the time he became an advertiser or maybe even before. I was highly impressed with the optical and mechanical features of it. A LOT of scope for the money.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Zachary

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 04:42:15 AM »
I really would have liked to participate, but given my extremely busy schedule and the apparent need/requirement to conduct an evaluation and report within a relatively quick turn around, I thought it was best for me to be unselfish by allowing someone else to participate in my place.  As such, it would be better not only for Rich at Mueller optics, but also, and just as importantly, all of our members and guests, as I didn't want to possibly hold up anything.

Hopefully later on  in the far future I will be able to get hands on experience with these scopes, whether as a Moderator or even if I buy the scope myself. ;)   In any event, I look forward to reviewing and comparing all of your reports, as I am sure all of our other members will as well.

Zachary

Offline NONYA

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
Good news Bill,Im glad to see some support here from a quality product.If they want a REAL field test from a season of hunting in Montana let em know,Im talkin about a season of mud, snow and horseback travel,not a year of gun safe darkness and shooting bench queens,I have been accused of being hard on my equipment but i USE it,I have found two scope manufacturers that have held up to my test qnd quite a few that didnt,if it can hold a zero through a season on my 7mag it will get a 5 star rating from me.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Zachary

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 01:23:51 PM »
I have found two scope manufacturers that have held up to my test qnd quite a few that didnt.

Which two manufacturers?  What models?  Just curious.

Zachary

Offline NONYA

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »
My leo Vari X II 3-9 and my simmons 3-10 model 44mag,i havnt had to re-adjust either after mounting them with a leo 1 piece base on my 7 mag and my -06,both Rem mdl 700,s.The leo has been on the -06 forever and i have had the Simmmons on the 7mag for 5 years w/o adjustment.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Zachary

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 04:52:07 AM »

I'm not surprised about the Leupold...I thought that would be one of the two.  I have owned a few Leupolds myself and I have never had any problems either.  However, the same goes for my Nikons and Elite 4200s, and they have had their share of abuse too.

However, I am a bit surprised about the Simmons.  Of the Simmons scopes that I have seen at the gun ranges, I have seen at least one of them have the reticle fall apart, and on another one I have seen (and heard) a shooter next to me cussing up a storm because it wouldn't track at all.  That said, I honestly don't remember what model Simmons scope it was, as every manufacturer has different models that have varying quality in each model (and of which is reflected in the price).

I don't want to turn this thread into a topic much different than what it was intended for, but I was just curious to ask, and appreciate your response.

Zachary

Offline dstegjas

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 04:13:53 AM »
This news comes at a good time. I need a scope for my new .17hmr that came in a few weeks ago. I also noticed that Gander Mountain carries the Mueller series of scopes. I think I will go down and take a look at the Mueller APV 4.5–14×40 AO model later today. It just may come home with me if all looks good.

Jim
Ohhh, so many guns and so little time to buy them.  :)

Offline dstegjas

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 11:23:43 AM »
So much for getting an APV 4.5–14×40 AO model  today. Gander Mountain doesn't have any in stock in any of their stores. The Mueller website shows them being out of stock as well. Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait.

Jim

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 01:32:08 PM »
Missou Mule has the APV in stock...

http://www.mizzoumuleguns.com/id12.html

Eabco may have them in stock.

http://eabco.com/MuellerAPV.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline dstegjas

• Avid Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 02:53:09 PM »
Thanks Quickdtoo. I just placed my order. I appreciate the heads up on the websites.

Jim

Offline DEPUTY

• A Real Regular
    • http://MGOUC.COM
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 04:32:13 AM »
Having delt with Mueller optics for a few years now and running them on 22s to 3.5 turkey guns and slugs guns and AR's, I can say they are great glass and a great company

Offline dstegjas

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 07:36:07 AM »
I thought I would follow up on this post since I looked at the Mueller line of scopes after seeing it here . I mounted the 4.5-14x40 AO on my Contender the day after I received it. The barrel is a 22" bull .17hmr cal. that I ordered from MGM. I had the chance to get out this morning and do some shooting. After getting it sighted in at 50 yards I wanted to see just how well it would group. This is a new barrel so I wasn't expecting that much. As you can see from the picture below I was pleasantly surprised. The scope was very bright and smooth when moving to different magnifications. Construction looked good, I really like the turret adjustment that you can turn with your fingers. I always drop that dime and can never find it. For the price, I believe you are getting more then your moneys worth with this scope.   

These were shot off of a rest and sand bags for support. The black square measures 1.25".

Thanks again for the info on Mueller scopes guys.

Jim

Offline James B

• A Real Regular
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 05:59:42 AM »
My thanks to Mueller Optics, GB and the Mods for their hard work and for providing such a great hunting site. I wonder if Quick ever gets to sleep? ;D
shot placement is everything.

Offline spo

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
just ordered my first mueller, 8.5x25x44ao

Offline cascadedad

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 05:19:13 AM »
My first Mueller is an APV and is scheduled for delivery today.  Ordered from Missou Mule.

Will go on my 223 Handi, TONIGHT.    ;D 8)

Can't wait to try it out.

Offline 270Handiman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 04:50:15 AM »
I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of those myself!  How soon can you shoot it and give us a report?  I'm just looking for a reason to buy one.

Offline Don-T

• Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »
I went with the recommendation from GB on Mueller and got a 4.5-14 APV and have used it on my G2 .223 barrel the last few weeks.  Pleasantly surprised at how much scope I got for relatively small bucks.  Glass is clear all the way to the edges, good field of view and bright at max power.  Shoots the square at 100yds pretty close and the clicks seem pretty consistent at a quarter inch.  All adjustments are firm and feel right.  The AO yardage scale is off slightly.  Fit and finish are top drawer.  The only downside is the reticle.  The standard "dual-X" is pretty thick for a high power scope.  I suppose that's good in the woods but I wouldn't use a scope that powerful in the woods.  Overall, it convinced me of the need to order a 8-24x50 today. :)

Offline cascadedad

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »
I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of those myself!  How soon can you shoot it and give us a report?  I'm just looking for a reason to buy one.

Hopefully I can get out this weekend and give mine a try.  I plan to shoot the square and if I do I will post a photo.  Here is what I wrote in another thread earlier today on my initial impression.

I just received my APV in the mail on Tuesday.  Last night I compared it to my Burris FFII 3-9.  Both scopes set on 9X.  To my eyes, the APV was a tad bit brighter, but was significantly clearer than the FFII, both in full light and at dusk.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  I kept going back to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.  Each time I got the same results.

Offline Coastwatcher

• Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 02:46:15 PM »
I know it has been covered but I can't find the search function anymore, but where are Mueller scopes manufactured?   Is there a difference between the glass in the Tactical and Eraticator scopes.   On the Mueller website they mention "fully multi-coated glass" and Euro coated glass.   Are those 2 terms the same.   
My prayers are always answered,  sometimes the answer is no...........

Offline Don-T

• Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 04:51:13 PM »
I think fully multi-coated and Euro coated are synonymous, just advertising jive.  They say the glass is Japanese but the scopes are assembled by the Chicoms.
BTW, I received my Mueller Eraticator today and bolted it to my Bushy Varminter, gathered it and a new Marlin .44 and drove out to the range.  I was the only one there so no distractions.  Sighted in the Bushy at 25 yds, went to 100 yds and was off about 2" left and 2" low.  16 clicks right and 16 clicks up put me .5" right and .5" high.  Hmm, a little better than 1/8" per click!  3 clicks back to the left put me where I wanted.  Put out a 7" Shoot-n-see p-dog target at 200 yds, hiked back and put 5 shots touching, dead center in the chest, well actually only 4, there was this cowbird that looked like it was gonna attack my target....mist and feather cloud!  ;D  The Marlin was less imressive,  100 yd group with cast Keith boolits was about 6", need to work on that. :-\

Offline Zachary

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »
So, have any of you received your Mueller scope for testing?  If yes, have any of you tested them yet?

Zachary