Author Topic: Optima Elite  (Read 774 times)

Offline cherokee75

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Optima Elite
« on: April 21, 2007, 09:47:06 AM »
I just finished watching the video on the Bergara Barrel website and I am impressed.  Has anyone who owns an Optima Elite had any problems to speak of?  Also, how much difference is there between the Optima Elite and an Encore that justifies the price difference? I have seen some groups posted by MAC11....... with the .45-70 and .308 and his grouped well so I see the accuracy capability is there. Can anyone tell me why I should not buy one?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: Optima Elite
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 11:08:04 AM »
I just finished watching the video on the Bergara Barrel website and I am impressed.  Has anyone who owns an Optima Elite had any problems to speak of?  Also, how much difference is there between the Optima Elite and an Encore that justifies the price difference? I have seen some groups posted by MAC11....... with the .45-70 and .308 and his grouped well so I see the accuracy capability is there. Can anyone tell me why I should not buy one?

I cannot tell you you shouldn't buy one..and I don't think anyone else who has one can either...same for all the countless who own the Encores and are happy with them & their TC's......The only draw back to me is going to have to wait for all the barrels to become available for them...The Encore has so many for it right now..and if you don't mind waiting a little while for them to catch on...they will be available for the Elites as well...IMHO....in the calibers that are available...they shoot & function as good as the Encores do...at quite a savings...One thing to bear in mind...These Elites have been out for less than a year and they are just now getting noticed...You'll hear all kinds of bad things from some of the other guys who favor 1 brand over another..but..I haven't found any truth in their arguments...and believe what my eyes tell me...They have proved them self able capable to compete with them one on one...

If you have your heart set on a Encore...just know they have replacement Bergara barrels available for them as well... ;)

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...