Author Topic: New ATV Law in Idaho.............  (Read 666 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
New ATV Law in Idaho.............
« on: May 21, 2003, 09:50:08 AM »
I understand that Idaho has enacted a new law(s) concerning ATV's.  Can anyone give the full details on this?  Also does anyone have any new laws being enacted in their areas that they would like to disclose?  Doesn't have to be about ATV's just hunting related.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline DesertRam

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 05:11:22 AM »
According to the NAHC, Minnesota is working on some restrictions.  Here's the email I received:

ATV and other off-road drivers could ride only on marked trails in Minnesota forests under a proposed measure the state Senate approved last week. The proposal would also allow local governments to restrict ATV driving in roadside ditches.

Under current laws, off-road vehicles may travel on state forest trails, but not in most state parks or on other state lands.

The bill, cosponsored by DFL Sen. John Marty and Republican Sen. Carrie Ruud, would require the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to review those trails by Oct. 31, 2005, and select and mark at least 1,500 miles that are appropriate for off-road driving. All other trails would then become off-limits for ATVs, dirt bikes and off-road trucks.

The legislation is a response to reports of severe ruts, erosion and other environmental damage from ATVs on state forest lands and roadside ditches, as well as to complaints from hunters, hikers, campers and others about vehicle noise and safety hazards.

The House has already passed a less-restrictive bill that's favored by ATV and other rider clubs. It would allow off-road driving on all existing trails except for those the DNR closes and marks with signs.

Other provisions of the House bill require riders to obtain certificates based on knowledge of off-road rules and provide more funds for off-road enforcement and safety training. The bill would also impose a $15 surcharge on off-road registrations to repair illegally damaged property.

Offline Darrell Davis

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 10:35:10 AM »
Hey Lawdog,  :D Interesting post, I live here in I-dee-ho and at this time have not heard of any restrictions that are "NEW."

Lot of the area in this country is the property of BIG companies. Thankfully they are usually kind enough to let us through the gate and on to the land.

At 60, I just hope such conditions out last me. Looks like my 30 something daughter will go deer hunting for the first time this year so maybe there is hope.

Frankly, the biggest problem is the Universities in this area and the people that want to bring their big city/liberal and sometimes left wing views into the country.

Keep em coming! :wink:
300 Winmag

Offline WyoHunter

• Make each hunt an experience you'll never forget!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 12:59:48 PM »
Here in Wyoming you need to get an ORV tag which costs $15.00 in order to ride on land other than private. This took effect two years ago so be aware that you need this ORV tag while operating an ATV in Wyoming. :?
Make each hunt an experience to remember!

NRA Life Member