Author Topic: Left handed AR  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Bubber

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Left handed AR
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:20:46 AM »
I heard a rumor that some company is now producing a left handed AR or some variant thereof. Is this true?

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Left handed AR
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:25:15 AM »
 :) yes it is true it is stag arms. try stagarms.com or their phone number is : 860-229-9994. the address is 515 John Downey Dr. new brtian,ct 06051. happy shooting ,superdown

Offline MUTTLY

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »
I heard a rumor that some company is now producing a left handed AR or some variant thereof. Is this true?

Happy lefty owner here, remember if you purchase a complete upper and lower you do not pay excise tax, you don't get the tee shirt, bumper sticker or case.

Stag has several options available in left hand and will fit existing lowers.

Offline Bubber

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 08:30:17 AM »
I forgot I had even made this post. So a little update:

Back around last august I began gettin scared about the possible outcome of the election and started looking at options and ended up building my own. I found a DPMS stripped lower locally and began purchasing parts as I got money. Lower parts kit, buttstock kit, and a Stag lefty upper. I finished the rifle about a month ago and am very happy with it.

I am still saving money for optics, however even with the clunky front sight and what I consider to be an excesivly huge aperature peep in the rear I have no problem putting all rounds into a 6" ciricle at 100yds.
The thing was a snap to build, saved me a little over $100 on the overall cost of the rifle and I didn't have to pay the damn excise tax. My father did the exact same thing as me only a right handed gun, his topped with a Leupold VX III is shooting 3/4" groups with select handloads, and little bigger than 1" with factory loads. I will never give up my bolt guns but this this is quickly becoming my favorite rifle to shoot.

Offline alsaqr

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:39:20 AM »
This is my Stag Arms 3L.

The scope is the excellent Leupold FX II 4x33.  The scope is in Millett rings.  Riser blocks are from YHM.