Author Topic: Who among us are not NRA Members...and why?  (Read 21909 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Who among us are not NRA Members...and why?
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »
pills, your letter from GOA may be rejected by devout NRAers, but I appreciate it, and it is precisely what we have been talking about. Bravo, and thanks.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »
Thanks. I am in the process of downloading the letter he was responding to.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline pills

• Contributor
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2007, 05:03:45 PM »
I requested the file and never got a reply.

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2007, 04:13:09 AM »
the nra is a spam mailing , junk mail sending, money squandering organization bent on helping the anti's destroy our rights while pretending to be defending them.  those of you in denial flat out refuse to pull your heads out of, er, the sand.    the nra reminds me of a retarded dog that keeps sniffing at your crotch, begging for food.   some people might like it,  but me,  i would just as soon hit that dog in the head with a shovel and be done with it. 

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2007, 08:07:27 AM »
Just yesterday i got some NRA junk mail telling me the NRA is in the banking business now and I need to get a loan  from them,they are nothing more than a big corporation now,Ill bet they are takin money from both sides of the gun figh.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2007, 10:01:48 AM »
a corporation that exists solely to scare people into giving them money at that...theyhave no interest in winning; they are making too much money off of those that they have buffalo-ed.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »
You guys have made such a BIG DEAL of solicitations and you've ridden that "dead horse" in this thread a long time. Your point has been made in Spades.  We HEARD YOU.  Move on.  Or is NRA bashing the ONLY game on your keyboard?

Have you anything positive to say about the organizations of which you are a member?  The letter posted by pills was encouraging.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
maybe to you a dead horse,  but to me it is the core of the problem,   the nra is making mountains of money and has lost it's focus.  it's only focus now is to get more money. 

Move on.
i dont answer to you.

Have you anything positive to say about the organizations of which you are a member?

what are you trying to say?  sounds to me like you are just trying to silence a message you dont like by insinuation.

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
Reread the title to the post...

Offline Dee

« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2007, 12:56:41 PM »
The NRA wanted answers, and when the got them, did not like them, and now want the giant THEY woke up to go back to sleep. HMMMMMMMM

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2007, 01:02:03 PM »
I have tried to be as middle of the road as possible (except two posts ago when apparently I had had enough) , that you want to hijack the thread and keep it hijacked without providing much ON TOPIC as the post title requests. 

It isn't my fault that you have nothing POSITIVE to say about other organizations in the RKBA arena.

Offline Dee

« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2007, 01:26:42 PM »
Land Owner in all due respect, DID YOU REALLY EXPECT to get POSITIVE FEED BACK from people whom do not trust the NRA. I mentioned the TSRA, and others suggested organizations such as GOA, but the crux of the ENTIRE THREAD "WAS" why not the NRA. Just because you do not agree with us does not mean any have to "SHUT UP", and NO ONE has HI-JACKED the tread. THEY ARE GIVING THEIR ANSWERS. Come on now.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2007, 01:47:19 PM »
I am no longer an NRA member and let me tell you why. I vote pro labor, and have been a Union member for over 30 years. This does not mesh with NRA politics. I was a member for a short time and it left me feeling conflicted. I support clubs and competitions on a local level and feel good about it. I take friends, family and young people shooting often that are not otherwise exposed to it and feel good about that. This is what I do to support gun rights.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2007, 02:25:04 PM »
Land_Owner, let it go, they are not worth it. There is a small handful of NRA basher's here and over 3 million NRA members out there. Who do you think has there heads in the sand?  Kind of like a guy that has been married 5 times and thinks all his wife's were the ones with the problem. Come to find out he was the problem. LOL   :D ;)
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2007, 02:27:35 PM »
Just because you do not agree with us does not mean any have to "SHUT UP...

This is not MY STYLE.  I never said those words and it isn't right for you to attribute them to me.

Offline Dee

« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »
Land Owner you are hyper sensitive on this. I was not implying that you said ANY SUCH THING. I said it. Your friend redhawk is not helping your cause by IMPLYING that only NRA members have a grasp on reality. He is only pouring gasoline on an already hot topic. He believes himself wiser that those whom do not agree with him. That in itself is not wise. Condescending tone toward the opposition leaves very little room for compromise among the brethren, and his is VERY condescending.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2007, 04:29:03 PM »
Dee be a man and address me personally, I am not a third person in your conversation. Frankly I could careless about you or what you personally feel about me. I am not the one here that is being negative nor have I put myself on a pedestal above anyone, that is your perception and words not mine. There is no compromise, funny you should even say that, from all the bashing going on about the NRA coming from you and your crew, that is a joke. Before you cast stones make sure you are not in a glass house.

Also I do not know Land_Owner, so there for I am not his friend as you put it. I only know him from this site. It takes more than me agreeing with someone to constitute friendship. You say I am condescending, maybe you need to look in the mirror buddy. You know nothing of me except what I want you to know from my posts here. So don't try to pretend you know me. I choose my friends very carefully and don't consider a bunch of guys on the Internet that pretend to know everything as my friends.

As for me pouring gasoline on an already hot topic, what do you think your posts do for this topic.  I guess I am the only one here that is out of line and not allowed to express my opinion. Oh I am also a Moderator so therefor, I am not suppose to participate in any conversation where I disagree with someone.  But what amazes me the most is, that I am still even posting to such nonsense. I guess all I have proven is,  I am not any better than any of you.  ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Dee

« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2007, 04:52:19 PM »
Dee be a man and address me personally, I am not a third person in your conversation. Frankly I could careless about you or what you personally feel about me. I am not the one here that is being negative nor have I put myself on a pedestal above anyone, that is your perception and words not mine.

Thank you for making my point Redhawk. You started this post OFF in a condesending tone, with the first sentence. AND are putting words into my post that I did not say.

There is no compromise, funny you should even say that, from all the bashing going on about the NRA coming from you and your crew, that is a joke. Before you cast stones make sure you are not in a glass house.

The question BEGINNING THE THREAD was why people DIDN'T JOIN THE NRA. You act like it was instead; WHAT DO YOU LOVE THE MOST ABOUT THE NRA. That wasn't the thread topic.

Also I do not know Land_Owner, so there for I am not his friend as you put it. I only know him from this site. It takes more than me agreeing with someone to constitute friendship. You say I am condescending, maybe you need to look in the mirror buddy. You know nothing of me except what I want you to know from my posts here. So don't try to pretend you know me. I choose my friends very carefully and don't consider a bunch of guys on the Internet that pretend to know everything as my friends.

Pardon me for REMOTELY IMPLYING FRIENDSHIP.          LAND OWNER! redhawk is not your friend.

As for me pouring gasoline on an already hot topic, what do you think your posts do for this topic.  I guess I am the only one here that is out of line and not allowed to express my opinion. Oh I am also a Moderator so therefor, I am not suppose to participate in any conversation where I disagree with someone.  But what amazes me the most is, that I am still even posting to such nonsense.

Everyone is entitled to their oppinions. EVEN YOU. BUT OF PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH YOU, OR THE TOPIC?

I guess all I have proven is,  I am not any better than any of you.  ::)

Now this last sentence WE ALL agree with I'll bet.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2007, 05:15:38 PM »
You are absolutely right Dee, I was being condescending and it was meant that way, sometimes sugar does not work.  And the topic is, Who among us are not NRA Members...and why? I did not see where it asked for everyone to do personal bashing of the NRA.

But so many people have strayed from the topic, even yourself. But I guess you will blame me for that also. Now have a nice day.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Dee

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2007, 05:52:03 PM »
You are absolutely right Dee, I was being condescending and it was meant that way, sometimes sugar does not work. 

That's what I was talking about redhawk. Your mean spiritedness. You see, it does not help the situation as far as good relations from fellow forum member whom share different views on certain topics.

And the topic is, Who among us are not NRA Members...and why? I did not see where it asked for everyone to do personal bashing of the NRA.

It's NOT NRA BASHING, redhawk!      IT'S "WHY" their not members. DUHHHHHHH!

But so many people have strayed from the topic, even yourself. But I guess you will blame me for that also. Now have a nice day.

None of them have strayed from the WHY THEIR NOT MEMBERS CONVERSATION, it is you that has strayed by you name calling and condesending manner toward them. And thank you, I have had a great day.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2007, 06:11:21 PM »
Land_Owner, let it go, they are not worth it. There is a small handful of NRA basher's here and over 3 million NRA members out there. Who do you think has there heads in the sand?  Kind of like a guy that has been married 5 times and thinks all his wife's were the ones with the problem. Come to find out he was the problem. LOL

Who has their head in the sand? Clearly you and the other NRA members who still support it so actively. Don't look at as 3 million members and a few here that aren't but look at the real picture. There are close to 80 million gun owners in the US and only three million NRA members and NOT all of us who are members still support it. Why is it so unclear to you that the rest are voting by NOT supporting the NRA? Take off the blinders.

You are absolutely right Dee, I was being condescending and it was meant that way, sometimes sugar does not work.  And the topic is, Who among us are not NRA Members...and why? I did not see where it asked for everyone to do personal bashing of the NRA.

What was asked was WHY and now that you're getting the WHY you call it bashing. Danged if this ain't getting to be a lot like the catholics over on the religious forums. When given the answer you seek you don't like it and call it bashing. It's just telling it like it is.

Seems you NRA supporters are in the minority here in this thread and for sure in the over all picture of support or non support of it maybe you need to realize that you are the one with head in sand?  :o

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2007, 06:58:47 PM »
Graybeard I would not expect anything else from you, you have pressed your point in many past NRA threads. I have never agree with your reasoning or stance and never will. Sure there is not a lot of guys coming in and joining in the NRA supporters, but you can bet your back side that they are here. Some people just don't like confrontation. As for me, I welcome it. 

As for your 80 million gun owners, sure there is only 3 plus million NRA members, what other gun rights, second amendment group has any where close to that number?  But I know a pot load of people that just don't belong to any gun rights group. It is not that they don't like the NRA, they just don't care to get involved in any pro gun group and don't want to spend the money. That includes the GOA and other gun rights groups. SO lets get real here. There are over 21,000 members at Graybeard and only 15 to 20 have posted in this thread, so I don't see a overwhelming support for your cause.

Dee you have not seen mean spirited from me.  As far as it helping the situation, it would not help if I kissed your butt either. But that would be a cold day in the devils place before I would stoop to that.
So that I have this straight, if I don't stick to the topic, my posts have no merit and I can't debate with the guys that see things differently than I do?  I can't challenge there post as you have mine?

I guess you would like it better if this was a love fest of the NRA haters. And please don't use my stance here as another reason you won't support the NRA, you made that decision before I came here and read anything I have wrote.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline pills

• Contributor
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2007, 07:04:52 PM »
Maybe someone needs to start a thread "Who loves the NRA and why?" Myself I just stumbled on this post and get notifications now every time someone replies. Maybe the NRA members haven't found this thread. If someone starts that thread please be sure to post a link to it here. I can promise you I will read it. Doubt I will come in a comment on it like has been here but you never know.  8)

Matt

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2007, 07:05:51 PM »
Why do I feel like a taxidermist trying to sell furs on a PETA site.  ???
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline NONYA

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »
The thread starter asked us why we do not have an NRA membership,the sheeple who buy into their crap dont wanna hear the truth about their precious organization,its like a sports fan who will defend their team no matter how badly they stink,keep sending them your money,Im sure some NRA fat cat is using your funds to wine and dine some anti gun lobby who enjoys your dues very much.These people are in business,BIG business and their business depends on you never getting your gun rights fully established the way you think they should be,as long as your rights are threatened the NRA will stay rich,if they wernt you wouldnt be a member,they will make sure to give into the antis just enough to keep the sheeple worried,BAAA BAAAAAAA BAAAAAAA!

life membership in the NRA = 1000$
Membership at GBO = FREE
Life membership in the -=TDC=- = PRICELESS!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2007, 12:11:14 AM »
GB:  The CCRKBA does not seem to be very active.  Correct me if I am wrong.  Many of the posted Releases and most of their News is dated earlier than 12/2002.  Nowhere on their site, that I have found, do they discuss their Mission Statement or purpose.  Who are they?  What do they do?  It is only by inference and  reading a laundry list of Press Releases that "research" on CCRKBA can be performed, or so it appears.  Their Web Site is not too inviting and the FIRST THING on their site is JOIN [US].

The CCRBKA links through to the SAF, which through limited on-line time in hard research, is a dedicated, no nonsense 2nd Amendment repository of background and current affirmation of the RKBA.

Now JPFO on the other hand is a no nonsense 2nd Amendment Fighter with real anti-NRA sentiment, and for reasons stated on their site.  Real interesting reading.  Another dog in the fight and always attacking the Big Dog as well as the forces against all of us.  Enlightening...very enlightening.  To join, you have to look for the link and "You Don't Have to be Jewish" [but, from their perspective, it helps].

I still have not found TDC but I continue to look.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2007, 02:09:33 AM »
NONYA, if you check the thread starter has also questioned many posters here and has strayed from the actual topic. You guys make such a big deal about staying on topic. It is a discussion and it can go anywhere.

Land_owner, I want to make sure you understand my comments to Dee about being a friend, I am not a guy that throws around a word like friend. I was not trying to belittle you in any way. But to me someone I call a friend is, a person I personally know and build a trust with. I have many acquaintances but very few true friends. 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2007, 03:36:19 AM »
No offense taken Redhawk1.   Friendships are interpersonal.  On the Internet, there is very little that is interpersonal. 

I don't think NONYA was calling us sheeple, but if he was, he is incorrect.  Name calling is frustration, not debate.  We're not blindly following anyone for any purpose.  Sheeple follow a "Jim Jones" way of life and take the poison pill.  Read on...

We're arguing about COMMON GROUND, not ideological differences.  We're working for the SAME CAUSE from different directions.  We're STILL ON THE SAME PAGE but to each, the other's type is perpendicular.   

Yes, NRA has made blunders in the eyes of their Membership.  However, the blunders do not rescind the Life Memberships of Land_Owner, Redhawk1, Graybeard, LEO, Grumulkin, Tackleberry, or the Annual Memberships of NONYA (by default from his Grandfather), alsaqr, OLDHandgunner, beemanbeme, Dee (until current membership expires), and ~ACE~.  The only real protesters are the OTHER posters that have stopped being Members.  Theirs is the only REAL action that has actually occurred that isn't just talk, albeit interesting talk. 

I do not send money when requested.  I upgraded to Life Membership in order to ignore their future requests for more money and currently tell them so when asked. That does not hold my pen from writing checks when and where I find it appropriate, whether to JPFO, GOA, or NRA Eddie Eagle to name a few.  Not everything being done by NRA is tainted but you could infer that from a lot of this thread.

A Political Action Committee is expected to "saddle up to the enemy" a time or two, just not get too cozy.  You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.  That's politics.  That is why it is called "Political" before Action and Committee. 

But when negotiating (that's a joke right there) something as personal, as religiously held, a RIGHT Constitutionally Granted as the RKBA, well there's a line there that just isn't supposed to be crossed.  No way no how.  Like being an American Muslim in 2007; you get the point.  Cross that line and you're ostracized, suspected, hated, vilified, every good work is now suddenly bad, one "Oh SH**" undoes ten "AT A BOY"'s.

Who's gonna stop it?  Who IS the NRA if it isn't YOU and ME?  In fact who IS the JPFO or the GOA or the TDC (who are they anyway) if it isn't YOU and ME?  I would like to see the NRA take the JPFO and GOA HARD LINE stance in defense of the RKBA AND I TELL THEM SO, but not by rescinding my Membership.  Does that make me part of the problem or part of the solution?  You can't change an Organization from the outside. 

I would like America to be a lawful, RKBA, gun toting society in which the unlawful are dealt with immeidately and SWIFTLY .  It isn't and I don't think it will ever be again.  Mexifornia is occurring.  We can stop it.  But not if we don't try.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2007, 07:03:38 AM »
I still have not found TDC but I continue to look.

The TDC is something of a private club. 

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18:36 AM »
Jokingly, kind of like the He-Man Woman Haters Club, but different?