Author Topic: Who among us are not NRA Members...and why?  (Read 21972 times)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: Who among us are not NRA Members...and why?
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2007, 01:13:24 PM »
EDIT:  WHAT PART OF NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IS CONFUSING TO YOU?

Graybeard what did your site do?  Other than a bunch of us cutting and pasting the alert the NRA sent us.  Do you think just everyday folks caused OSHA to back down...  I don't think so.

Graybeard I don't need you to spoon feed me any information, I am more than capable of getting information, unlike a lot of guys here.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2007, 01:28:25 PM »
EDIT:  WHAT PART OF NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IS CONFUSING TO YOU?

Graybeard what did your site do?  Other than a bunch of us cutting and pasting the alert the NRA sent us.  Do you think just everyday folks caused OSHA to back down...  I don't think so.

Graybeard I don't need you to spoon feed me any information, I am more than capable of getting information, unlike a lot of guys here.

dukkiller it is OK for NONYA to imply people that are part of the NRA have there heads up there A** and we are sheeple.  But that is OK because he is your buddy, but I can't make a remark that is true and a fact. What part of no personal attacks for NONYA don't you understand.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline dukkillr

• Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2007, 02:43:34 PM »
The rules are simple, no personal attacks.  You called someone an idiot by name.  If you're confused by that, I can't help you.  Everyone here has implied that someone else is a "sheeple"  they have not directly called someone an idiot. 

Example of "OK":
People who regurgitate the NRA's catch phrases are sheeple.

Example of "Not OK":
So And So is an idiot.

This has nothing to do with who is, or is not someone's friend.  If you point out where someone else called you a name I'll delete it.  Now can you understand that or not? 

Offline NONYA

« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2007, 04:44:11 PM »
The -=TDC=- does have its perks,it protects us members from personal attacks,it keeps me informed on the -=TDC=- club news and we will have an annual antelope hunt up near my ranch here in Montana every year for those members who are able to attend,its a draw area for bucks but you can get 2 over the counter doe tags.The term sheeple just describes a group of followers that will never find fault in their cause no matter the evidence layed out for them,people who refuse to believe that they could ever be wrong about an organization that has changed and turned against the very cause you think you are supporting.

-=TDC=- Gotta luv it!
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »
 ;) :D ;D :o ::) :) ;) :D ;D :o ::) :P :-X :-*
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2007, 05:10:33 PM »
I am done with this thread. I have better thing to do with my time.

LONG LIVE THE NRA.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline NONYA

« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2007, 05:21:40 PM »
This thread is now a member of -=TDC=- Yeeee Haawwww!Now we can carry on without steppin in sheeple crap.

LONG LIVE GBO AND THE -=TDC=-!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »
Graybeard what did your site do?  Other than a bunch of us cutting and pasting the alert the NRA sent us.  Do you think just everyday folks caused OSHA to back down...  I don't think so.

Like probably every other similar site on the internet it provided a medium for folks to become aware of what was going on and thru the posts of the members who called it to the attention of others and provided insight into how to go about defeating the proposal it was in fact killed. Had this happened before the internet and sites such as this the proposal would have passed with few folks ever even knowing it was being proposed. No other communication medium could have been adequate to the cause. So what did GBO as a site do? Only provide the platform and audience to help end the threat.

The rules are simple, no personal attacks.  You called someone an idiot by name.  If you're confused by that, I can't help you.  Everyone here has implied that someone else is a "sheeple"  they have not directly called someone an idiot.  

Example of "OK":
People who regurgitate the NRA's catch phrases are sheeple.

Example of "Not OK":
So And So is an idiot.

This has nothing to do with who is, or is not someone's friend.  If you point out where someone else called you a name I'll delete it.  Now can you understand that or not?  

An excellent explaination that as a Moderator you should have already known Alex. The term sheeple is commonly used and I do not personally look at it as name calling but just a way of letting folks know that to the poster it seems they are being led blindly down a path the poster thinks wrong. Matters not who uses it at this point in time I don't see it as a personal attack or name calling. For sure the use of IDIOT and especially if related to a specific individual is both name calling and a personal attack and is to be deleted by any moderator who sees it and if it continues I should be made aware for further action.

This thread like too many have gotten tempers flaring a bit high. It's an emotional issue to be sure. You are on one side and I on the other nothing new about that for sure. We each think we're right and the other wrong and clearly neither side can understand why the other can't see it their way. That's what free speech in America is all about and is fine even here where free speech doesn't exactly apply but rather the GBO Rules do. So long as you stay within the rules you're free to express your opinion regardless of how far off from mine it is. That you are not only still here at this site but still a Moderator in spite of our obvious differences on so many issues should be testament to that. I don't agree with you but don't prevent you from stating your side of the issues.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2007, 05:30:29 PM »
Graybeard I will send you a PM what I said about  NONYA.  I kept my original post in full content. I did not see it as a personal attack, but merely stating a fact.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2007, 05:44:40 PM »
I've replied to your PM.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline NONYA

« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2007, 06:36:01 PM »
I didnt get to see this one B4 the -=TDC=- took care of it but Im sure it was onpar with the last 20 or so,most of wich were all personal in nature and deleted soon after they were posted.Some will never be able to accept that others see the same subject a bit differently and they do nothing to further their cause by calling names,if you really want to support your side of an argument try not to show your true colors.The NRA has been supported by several generations of Americans and im sure some who were born into the fold will never see beyond the ingrained loyalty.The NRA has changed,long gone are the days of the no compromise NRA,today they pad their pockets and get wealthy off your fear of loosing your 2nd amendment rights,fed by their nonstop propoganda and compromises that will keep them "fighting" for your "rights" for generations to come.Feed the pigs and watch them fold every time the antis want a compromise,or take a few steps back,take a look from another point of view and possibly realize there ARE problems in the NRA.

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2007, 12:59:58 AM »
NONYA, your post just shows that you don't read what everyone writes.

I have posted many time that I don't agree with everything the NRA does. I have stepped back and took a good look at the NRA. I have looked into other groups but still the NRA is the main political group that has the most clout in the political arena.

Pro-gun and second amendment groups don't win anything by just saying they are a no compromise group with little action. It is politics, which people here fail to realize. 
Look at all the oil companies and big corporation's out there that make big contributions to political figures. They do that for a reason, to help them in there issues that come up on the Senate floor. It is the Senators and Representatives that make our gun laws, they could change our world at any time. That is why we try to get pro-gun and second amendment people elected.

I could write here tell I get corporal tunnel, but until people realize, there is no other political group out there with the clout of the NRA.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2007, 04:22:37 AM »
I could write here tell I get corporal tunnel, but until people realize, there is no other political group out there with the clout of the NRA.

the clout to agree to and accept the constant attack on our rights?   that is the whole point,  the nra didnt give those rights to me,  although they would have you believe otherwise.   

as far as the tdc, i believe i was a member before it had a name.  lol. 

redhawk,  we are just trying to help you,  buddy. 

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2007, 04:42:50 AM »
myronman3, maybe you can help me out with this question, who else out there is fighting for our gun rights? But here is the kicker, that have actually accomplished there intended goal.

If the NRA is so bad and have let so many laws pass due to compromise, what have the other gun rights groups done that prevented it? It is obvious from the laws passing  that the other no compromise groups have failed as well. Do you agree with that statement?

Yes the NRA has problems, but who else is stepping up to the plate and actually accomplishing anything, tell me and I will support them.

The anti's agenda is very clear, get everything they can, they are relentless in there goal, but only the pro-gun people out there are dropping out of organization like the NRA because they get to many phone calls looking for donations, or they don't like someone or whatever reason they can come up with.

What do they expect, if they turn a deaf ear it will all just go away?  Sorry to be so persistent, but I do have good intentions.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2007, 07:55:56 AM »
i know you have good intentions, but.... 
   we are trying to get you to look at the big picture.  they honestly are not who you think they are.  la pierre is lining his pockets, and laughing all the way to the bank.   yeah, the nra SAYS they are doing this and that.  the fact remains that they give up ground at every turn, and squack endlessly about needing more money.   what gets me is when they suggest one should will their assets to the nra when they die;  what do you think la pierre is going to do when he checks out?   i bet you breakfast that slimly snake doesnt pratice what he preaches.  he is firmly entrenched in the org and only death will rid the nra of him,  and even then like minded hucksters will likely take his place.   
   i have seen enough of the bull the nra has pulled,  and i have personal experience with some anti gun clown they actively endorsed over a true pro gun guy.   i never would have imagined.   the nra is nothing more than a money hungry monster,  akin to enron and various other deceptive corporations.   they feed off of your fears,  and do jack to defend our 2nd amendment rights.   if anything,  la pierre and his crew actually are helping the antis by funneling off money that would be used to actually defend our rights.   

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »
I am not fearful at all, but I do know what would happen if the NRA was not there. We would be like many other countries that have no gun rights at all.

I see the big picture, but nobody has given me one other organization that has defeated any gun laws that the NRA supported. So I revert to my original question.

"who else out there is fighting for our gun rights? But here is the kicker, that have actually accomplished there intended goal.

If the NRA is so bad and have let so many laws pass due to compromise, what have the other gun rights groups done that prevented it? It is obvious from the laws passing  that the other no compromise groups have failed as well. Do you agree with that statement? "
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »
Eight pages and nothing settled and little agreed on. One thing is painfully clear. The NRA has turned against itself a fair number of life members, turned them so bad that they want nothing to do with the organization anymore. And it is painfully obvious that it has turned gun owner's on gun owner's!!!!!!!!!!!!That division alone should tell us something is truly amiss with the NRA. I doubt any of the people here, strongly against them, are gun hating liberals,,,,or conservatives as the case may be. And the bigest complaint seem's to be Wayne LaPierre, I could not disagree with that. I think he's a snake myself. Weather your for or against the NRA, you really ought to go back over this thread and really look at the division they have caused amoung us. Does anyone really think that liberals have infiltrated our ranks to the point that we would disagree that strongly here? I don't. Even if there are liberals here, and I'm sure there are quite a few, I suspect they are pro gun owner liberals. Does anyone know a conservative that is anti gun? Probably not for we would immediately lable him liberal!

What's the saying, united we stand, divided we fall. Looks to me like the NRA is doing a fine job of dividing us.

Just a thought, wouldn't it take a constitutional amendment to take away our right to keep and bear arms? Doesn't that need to be ratified by most the states? What's the odds of that happening?
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2007, 09:52:40 AM »
very well put, don.   

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »
Just a thought, wouldn't it take a constitutional amendment to take away our right to keep and bear arms? Doesn't that need to be ratified by most the states? What's the odds of that happening?

Sadly the answer in modern America is NO it would not. The Supreme Court can do it with a single decision. The President and Senate can do it with a signature followed by a confirmation vote. It's being done incrementally every day by the anti gun laws being passed and decisions handed down by judges all over the country. The UNpatriot Act alone has damned near done it.

So the answer is no it's not as difficult as getting a new Amendment passed to make it happen. That's an idea only a true Constituation believer would even think of in this modern America. It is the way it should be but sadly the Constitution is on shaky ground these days and it's no longer the preferred way liberals take away rights.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2007, 10:28:35 AM »
If you just look at the history of San  Francisco's gun dealers, you will see what can be done at the local level to a large city's gun shops.  Special taxes on guns and ammo, bureaucratic laws requiring special forms be completed, and various forms of harassment.  There were three large gun shops in the Bay Area.  Two, San Francisco Gun Exchange, and Seagles guns in Oakland have closed their doors.  When I asked the owners what caused the demise, both said that they were tired of the B S.  However, I did not see much of the NRA in those battles.  San Francisco is truely a place alien to the moral and spiritual fiber of the USA.

C F
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2007, 12:25:16 PM »
  After watching this topic go on and on it is plain for me to see. That all who are arguing here are only tools for the Anti gun lobby. The anti gun lobby loves to see thier ememy argue amongts themselves.

The best way to fight them is to stand as one voice. Keeping family arguments quiet is always better than involving the neighbors. Sure the NRA isn't perfect. Neither are any of the other pro gun groups. And neither are any of you. But feeding your ememy with the propaganda to defeat you is not the way. Putting your money and mouth to work against them is!

It is sickening to see people who are on the same team constantly bad mouthing each other. Think about it for just one minute. You guys are wasting time attacking your allies when the emeny is running you over.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
So you stop by to belittle and attack us for it? That would be called hypocritical don't ya think?

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2007, 01:20:28 PM »
So you stop by to belittle and attack us for it? That would be called hypocritical don't ya think?

Was this gentleman not JUST SEEN CELEBRATING ON "THIS THREAD" for haveing a name HE was called deleted, and talking condesendingly toward the one deleted? I believe the name "he" just used is one that just might fit someone else. ::)  Moderators what about it? I would like to hear your opinion on THIS ONE.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline NONYA

« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2007, 02:15:13 PM »
If you do exactly what you are complaining about you are a hypocrite,if you cant live this being pointed out you are one yourself,since you have stopped by to do exactly that.Oops did i say it again,OHhhh Nooo!The biggest HYPOCRITES are the guys who say we need to stand together but blast us for not supporting the NRA,this thread is full of hypocritical BS.

Offline Dee

« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2007, 02:31:32 PM »
I will not acknowledge Nonya as his arrogance obviously has never met the consequences of such but no doubt one day will. It always does. Moderators, name calling is name calling.  Moderators, and GRAYBEARD, What about it?

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »
Dee you are right, but some have special privileges as it would seem. 

I also see no one has answered my question that I ask twice, so I guess there is not one group that is a standout for pro-gun issues and have been a major front runner in stopping all the gun laws the NRA as let pass. ???

Yes we may be divided in our feelings toward the NRA, but I am more than sure we all want the same thing.... No gun rights lost! So what are we going to do collectively as gun owners?? We can't keep fighting amongst ourselves.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline NONYA

« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2007, 04:15:46 PM »
Dee did somebody take your toy away?You really need to grow up and quit spending your life playing tattle tale on an Internet forum,do you really think I care if you acknowledge me?Regardless of your superior opinion I am still allowed mine,and I dont think GBO or the forum admin need your help in pointing out my "errors",they can read just as well as you.As gun owners if we are supporting ANY of the pro gun lobbying groups we ARE working together,we dont all have to be NRA lifers with fat checks sent off to them on a regular basis to be supportive of the 2nd amendment effort,only the guys who think we should all be in the NRA seem to think we are divided.If I support safari club I am doing just as much and probably more than the average NRA member to protect our rights.If other members are supporting GOA same deal.

Offline Dee

« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2007, 04:30:12 PM »
Nonya if you would stop talking long enough to see over your mouth, you would realize that I am with you on the NRA issue. However, you arrogant rudeness leads me to believe that it is you whom needs to grow up as your demeanor toward others leads me to believe you to be a spoiled rich child whom needs to be spanked and put to bed.
That is all I have to say you nonya, anything else would be a peeing contest with what I believe I just pinpointed.

Moderators, I would like to have a response please, as I believe this is an ethical issue on the enforcement of forum rules, and should be fairly administer to all, regardless of whether I or anyone else agrees with someone's point of view on a thread issue. Name calling is name calling.
Dee,

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2007, 04:59:27 PM »
  Where did I "blast" anyone for not supporting the NRA? There was no reason for me to be personally attacked. I simply hope that we as gun owners can be united in this assault on our rights. If the allies in WW2 would have acted like us gun owners are on this forum we'd all be speaking German right now.

BTW I hope the Moderators clean out the personal attacks on this board evenly and fairly.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »
Nonya if you would stop talking long enough to see over your mouth, you would realize that I am with you on the NRA issue. However, you arrogant rudeness leads me to believe that it is you whom needs to grow up as your demeanor toward others leads me to believe you to be a spoiled rich child whom needs to be spanked and put to bed.
That is all I have to say you nonya, anything else would be a peeing contest with what I believe I just pinpointed.

Moderators, I would like to have a response please, as I believe this is an ethical issue on the enforcement of forum rules, and should be fairly administer to all, regardless of whether I or anyone else agrees with someone's point of view on a thread issue. Name calling is name calling.
Dee,

Of for god's sake children!  Here's my take as moderator:  I don't think calling someone a hypocrite is the same as calling someone an idiot.  To me Nonya was attempting to point out that someone was preaching togetherness while driving a wedge.  I don't see that as an insult, I think it fits the description of the very word he used.  Calling someone an "idiot" is not done to pursue an idea other than to disrespect someone else.  I do not see Hypocrite as the same thing.  Maybe it's a fine distinction, but it's my opinion.  I already said that "sheeple" was acceptable for the same reason.  And before you get started, I WILL DELETE any post following this one that is not on topic, so save your "You're not being fair..." 3rd grade crying for someone else.  AND GROW UP PEOPLE!