Author Topic: Who among us are not NRA Members...and why?  (Read 21963 times)

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Who among us are not NRA Members...and why?
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
Uhh Huh.....take ur meds,try again later.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #271 on: July 22, 2007, 12:05:35 AM »
Want to put your money where your mouth shouldn't be?
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2007, 08:27:10 AM »
click on the envelope under my name if you ever want to email me something.
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #273 on: July 22, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »
Me too CF, but no email bombs please!!  :o  Maybe we can keep you out of jail by showing you the error or your ways. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline NONYA

« Reply #274 on: July 22, 2007, 09:12:37 AM »
areful Quick,I think you are dealing with a LOOSE cannon.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #275 on: July 22, 2007, 09:37:01 AM »
areful Quick,I think you are dealing with a LOOSE cannon.

The pot calling the kettle black.... :P
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline NONYA

« Reply #276 on: July 22, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »
 ::)

-=TDC=- protecting us from the Oppressive Dictators!

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #277 on: July 22, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »
Enough with the attacks guys. This one is heading the WRONG WAY AGAIN do you want it shut down or do you want to get back ON TOPIC?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #278 on: July 22, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »
SHUT IT DOWN ;D

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #279 on: July 22, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »
Is the NRA a perfect organization? No. But, it certainly better at protecting gun owner rights than say.._______...fill in the blank.  What I am saying is it's not perfect, but what organization is?

Is our system of government perfect? No. But, what system is? However, our system with all of it's flaws works and is better than any other system on the face of the planet. Yes, it could be better and it has it's fat cows, but slowly....very slowly...some of those cows are getting skinnier.

Is GBO a perfect forum? I think I'll take the 5th on that.....yeah, a 5th of Jack 'n Coke and some ice.  ;D

Dave

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #280 on: July 22, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
Is this thread perfect,,,,, no, but it is very entertaining and somewhat informative. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #281 on: July 22, 2007, 03:34:41 PM »
I emailed Greybeard, at his request, and advised him on the way a kid can get his hands on a 45 caliber pistol through the mail without breaking a law in obtaining the weapon. 

NONYA, you have called me names, but I can't gripe that.  You should read some of my early posts on the Traditional Rifle threads and you could learn a little.  You have a strong belief in your views, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  If you could just learn to not snipe at people that disagree with you, not so many people would think your such an..........

But back to NRA.  When a weapons manufacturer legally skirts the law in order to provide a weapon everybody knows is wrong, the NRA needs to show the world that they are as interested in protecting the public and children as they are in protecting gun rights. They do this by working with the Government in eliminating the problem.  But money talks, and the lives of children walk.  The NRA will not take the chance of loosing their salaries.

I believe that we need the NRA.  But I also believe that it has become so big that it has lost sight of it's values.

CF
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #282 on: July 22, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »
Is this thread perfect,,,,, no, but it is very entertaining and somewhat informative. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheese

It's even more entertaining with a Jack 'n Coke! ;D

MHO

Dave

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #283 on: July 22, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »
But back to NRA.  When a weapons manufacturer legally skirts the law in order to provide a weapon everybody knows is wrong, the NRA needs to show the world that they are as interested in protecting the public and children as they are in protecting gun rights. They do this by working with the Government in eliminating the problem.  But money talks, and the lives of children walk.  The NRA will not take the chance of loosing their salaries.

I believe that we need the NRA.  But I also believe that it has become so big that it has lost sight of it's values.

CF

So....it's one big bureaucratic jabba-the-hut toad fartin it up with another big  bureaucratic jabba-the-hut?  And we just go to work and keep payin for it! Free enterprise at it's best! Not all theives are punished by the law!

Dave

Offline NONYA

« Reply #284 on: July 22, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »
I emailed Greybeard, at his request, and advised him on the way a kid can get his hands on a 45 caliber pistol through the mail without breaking a law in obtaining the weapon. 

NONYA, you have called me names, but I can't gripe that.  You should read some of my early posts on the Traditional Rifle threads and you could learn a little.  You have a strong belief in your views, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.  If you could just learn to not snipe at people that disagree with you, not so many people would think your such an..........

Actually Crow I just dont want anything to do with someone who is offering to email people directions on how to skirt federally regulated firearms laws,thanx but NO.You have fun,do NOT email  me.

CF

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #285 on: July 22, 2007, 05:58:36 PM »
You call me Crow, does that mean I can call you NO.

Please reread the second paragraph,

Offline NONYA

« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
You call me anything you like,Ba bye now...

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
I did get and read the e-mail from CF and I do see the point BUTTTTT...... I think that in NO STATE in the US can a ten year old kid legally buy a black powder cap and ball revolver. Nope I think that part of the idea is defective. Now whether they could make it happen, well.....dunno but don't think it would truly be LEGAL.

I've already dumped one for sale ad for just what you mentioned that was listed on the muzzle loader classifieds and told them to move it to the classifieds where firearms can be sold.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2007, 07:52:22 PM »
GB,

Companies don't ask for proof of age when selling black powder pistols through the mail.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #289 on: July 23, 2007, 09:19:50 AM »
GB,

Companies don't ask for proof of age when selling black powder pistols through the mail.

Don't you have to be "of age" when you buy black powder?  And besides, what does this have to do with belonging to the NRA?

And what does it mean "to belong to the NRA?" Does that mean sending the NRA your annual $25 membership dues? (Is that the correct amount?).  There are people who do not belong to the NRA who send them (the NRA) more money than the annual $25 annual membership dues. Does that make them "more better" supporters of the NRA than NRA members?

Dave

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: July 23, 2007, 11:11:36 AM »
GB,

I do not doubt that for one minute BUT... I do believe they are supposed to KNOW that the person buying it is of legal age to do so in both the state of sale and the state they live in. Once at least all ammo and reloading component sales of at least primers and powder required you to first send in your driver's license for proof of age and they kept it on file so you didn't have to do it each time you order. I'm pretty sure that's still the law even if some are a bit lax in enforcing it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline NONYA

« Reply #291 on: July 23, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
You have to be 18 to buy powder and caps here.

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »
YOU DON"T NEED POWDER AND CAPS - YOU ARE BUYING THE PISTOL TO USE 45 CALIBER BULLETS THAT YOU CAN BUY THROUGH THE MAIL

Offline NONYA

« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2007, 11:55:20 AM »
Bla Bla bla...what is your point?

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #294 on: July 23, 2007, 01:04:27 PM »
GB,

Don't you have to be "of age" when you buy black powder?  And besides, what does this have to do with belonging to the NRA?

And what does it mean "to belong to the NRA?" Does that mean sending the NRA your annual $25 membership dues? (Is that the correct amount?).  There are people who do not belong to the NRA who send them (the NRA) more money than the annual $25 annual membership dues. Does that make them "more better" supporters of the NRA than NRA members?

Dave

No Dave the amount you send does not make anyone any better. That is just your perception or misperception, take your pick.  I belong to the NRA and donate what I feel is appropriate for me, but that is by my choosing, I am not forced to be a member or tricked in any way.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #295 on: July 23, 2007, 02:26:18 PM »

No Dave the amount you send does not make anyone any better. That is just your perception or misperception, take your pick.  I belong to the NRA and donate what I feel is appreciate for me, but that is by my choosing, I am not forced to be a member or tricked in any way.

RH, my question Does that make them "more better" supporters of the NRA than NRA members? was not a statement of opinion. It was just a question, plain and simple. (You see the question mark at the end of the sentence "?" is kind of a dead give away!).  It was not my "perception" nor was it my "mis perception". Again, it was just a question. I don't know why you are stating that anyone assumes you were somehow tricked into becoming a member...or forced into it somehow. But, perhaps I did not read a prior post that eluded to that.

I have spoken to individuals who use to be NRA members who no longer are. Their reasons are similar to those that Bill has stated. I have spoken to individuals who support the NRA, but are not members. Their reasons are mixed, interesting...yet mixed.

Dave

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
To answer your question as I did in my last post, they are not any better. Maybe to the recipient of the donation, but not to me.
As for my statement, I was simply trying to get across that I donate as I see fit. Maybe I just misunderstood you question or intent. My bad.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2007, 01:56:03 PM »
NONYA,

Reread paragraph 2.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2007, 02:17:27 PM »
no thanx

Offline crow_feather

« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2007, 10:57:55 AM »

I got a call from the NRA last night.  They told me that there is a new push by the legislature to get certain magazine fed rifles and shotguns outlawed including the 10/22.  They are having a membership drive with a low price at this time.

C F