Author Topic: 20 ga. finally set up for turkeys  (Read 461 times)

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
20 ga. finally set up for turkeys
« on: April 27, 2007, 03:19:36 AM »
Thanks guys to all who helped me in this selection and set up!
I got the shotgun back from the smith this week drilled and tapped and with a Bushnell Banner shotgun scope on her its ready to go. We practiced yesterday evening and my wife is fairly comfortable with the set up.  Now the turkeys just have to cooperate tomorrow!  If possible in the future I will switch out the stock for her to a youth stock which would be perfect.  If anyone has one lying around unused let me know.

The local gunsmith I found here is a sponsor of GBO- SSK Industries -specializing in specialty barrels for Encore and other firearms.  A good guy to do business with JD Jones, and an avid shooter and hunter with numerous awards to his credit. check them out online. Cost was $42 with the tax to do the drill & tap.

Hunt safe,
Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: 20 ga. finally set up for turkeys
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
Joe

Thats good news , JD's staff do a great job , glad to see someone will do the work on the shotgun barrels , now go get a bird .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped