Author Topic: fired off my Hern Carronade the other night  (Read 816 times)

Offline rsvkeith@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (0)
fired off my Hern Carronade the other night
« on: April 27, 2007, 11:04:34 AM »
I shot my 1.5 inch carronade with a charge of 1 OZ of FG with a paper wad pressed firmly in place. Very impressive to see, a little light on report, the load seemed light in that the cannon did not move an inch when fired.

I think I will go up to the 1.5 OZ charge next and see what happens.

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
    • http://www.lioby.com
Re: fired off my Hern Carronade the other night
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 02:47:56 PM »
You are in that somewhat vague, borderline, twighlight zone region between where paper wads are frowned upon and where they are needed to make them work for blanks.

Finer grainulations may be possible for blanks as well. If it was a 1 incher, 2F and paper would be pretty much the norm for blanks. If it was a 2 incher, 1F and no paper would be the general rule.

Maybe wait a couple days to see if any words of wisdom from the golf ball bore experts appears before going further.

You should expect little or no recoil with no projectile, so don't let that be the judge of things.

Offline opatriot

• Avid Poster
Re: fired off my Hern Carronade the other night
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 06:50:25 PM »
 Gday friend ..... Ive been blasting blanks with my 15" long golfballl cal. howitzer with grand success .... HUGE  report .. ..The shingles on my neighbors house lift up ... smile , smile ...... I load it with 400 gr. 1F BP ... and pack one full sheet of newspaper as wad ........  Have Fun ......
............................. DAVEY  (OPATRIOT)  ....................................................................       WHAT IS POPULAR IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT, WHAT IS RIGHT IS NOT ALWAYS POPULAR ...