Author Topic: Ernest Borgnine  (Read 830 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Ernest Borgnine
« on: April 30, 2007, 07:52:48 PM »
I have always liked this guy as an actor. A Navy Vet who made Chief Petty Officer. I have no idea if he is a gun person or not or what his views on politics are. He seems to keep that pretty close to the vest unlike some celebs. I bring this up as he turned 90 this year and still acting. I just watched a made for TV movie on the Hallmark Channel called "The Trail to Hope Rose." He played an old Rancher in the movie and the old boy is still a good actor. It also had Lee Majors in it and Lou Diamond Phillips as the main character. It was made in 2004. Not the best western I have ever seen but not a bad one either and since hollyweird makes so damn few westerns these days I pretty much enjoy most of them that are new.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline tomzuki

• Avid Poster
Re: Ernest Borgnine
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 03:31:31 AM »
I'm sure these are nice people, however please do not support any Hallmark businesses, Greeting Cards, or t.V./cable broadcasting as it's well documented that they are very anti-gun, pro gun ban.  Very Liberal.  You can go online and see a listing of all "Progressive" businesses and who they contribute to politically.
Tomzuki

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 03:40:24 AM »
  Every day you learn something and thanks to ........Tomzuki, i learned something today. 
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 07:46:05 AM »
Well for the record I do not support any cable channels as I do not get cable or satelite ;D. If I want to see something I have a friend tape it for me. Now as far as your comments about them being liberal that does not supprise me all of the TV/ Movie industry is that way and for a long time I felt like you did and I decided who am I hurting but my self as I am missing some good movies and unless every one that feels like I do would do it we would make an impact but hardly any one does. Oh you may say so on the net but it has never been brought up in the media so I doubt anyone is making a strong case about boycotting them or the industry. I do not buy cards anymore I make my own on my computer. They may support the anti gun cause, but they do show a lot of westerns and shows like Walker Texas Ranger. Do you have a link for their anti gun support I would like to see it and a quick search did not bring up anything. Not doubting you I just want to see and read what they have supported. 
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline tomzuki

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:35:32 PM »
This website was active during the last Pres. Election.  Listed major contributors to Liberal and Progressive campaigns.  It seems to be Offline at the moment.  I printed it and tacked it to the refrigerator for future reference in my consumer choices.  You would be very surprised to see who these "Blue" business really are, including an offshore owned OIL COMPANY!  Watch IT!!!!  We must be extremely careful not to provide support to people who would deny us our rights under the U.S. Constitution.

P.S.  I would NEVER say anything that I could not back-up, so be smart before spending your hard earned income.

BuyBlue.org
Identifies businesses which support progressive and liberal ideals as well as spotlighting unsupportive businesses through the forms of boycotts and action alerts.www.buyblue.org
Tomzuki

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 09:05:03 PM »
Just to let people know Ernest Borgnine is pro gun.  I have seen him in person at several skeet matches, and have seen him during the celabrity shooting events on TV.  Seems like I remember an interview with Curt Goudy during on of those events.  Also he lost his home in one of those fires a few years back, and during an interview he was concerned about the guns he lost in the fire.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.