Author Topic: ya'll done this to me !!!!!!!!!  (Read 354 times)

Offline midwayraider

• Trade Count: (39)
  • Contributor
  • 8-pointer on 11-04-09
ya'll done this to me !!!!!!!!!
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »
i bought a .308 survivor , got kind of interested in this little rifle . then i found this web site.....and it begins.......i sent the reciever back in for a .357 barrel .....i love it , but the barrel moved from side to side, so i sent it back to the factory , they said i had a broken barrel catch and they corrected the problem .......so i said what the heck, being that the gun is already there i told them to go ahead and fit me a 45/70 barrel on it ...in 22 inch . is the 22 inch barrel accurate enough or do i need the 32 inch ?
kelly

Offline enj13

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: ya'll done this to me !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 02:29:02 PM »
If you're going to use open sights!.....the longer barrel gives you a longer sighting plain which is good. It also makes it a little muzzle heavy and steadier. If you are going to scope it....the 22" barrel is fine...........I just wish the NEF people would give more options in barrel length. I find 26", gives a really nice length with a single shot rifle. I may get my BC cut down to 26 or 27, because I hunt with it and 32" is just a little unwieldy......Norm

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 02:31:42 PM »
 Yep Midwayraider 22 in barrel for the 45-70 is fine. You are turning into
 true handi-holic.  Next thing you'll be sending for 6 or 8 barrels at a time.
 Have fun good luck Marv.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 02:44:38 PM »
Marv is right (of course!!!) about the 22" 45-70 barrel, it is a gem to shoot and to hunt with. He is also correct about having fun with them. Enjoy yourself, you are in for a lot of fun now....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley