Author Topic: Welcome back Bigjeepman!!  (Read 684 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Welcome back Bigjeepman!!
« on: May 04, 2007, 10:26:28 AM »
Glad to see you back in action!! ;) Did the move go okay?

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline bigjeepman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Welcome back Bigjeepman!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:35:07 AM »
Thanks Tim. I am now located in the Salt Lake City valley area living with my wife's sister and family. My wife is still back in S. Indiana selling our home. As soon as it sells, she will join me and pick the area of the valley she likes best and then we will buy a home. I really like it here and have always wanted to live in or near the mountains.

I am using my niece's computer. I just had to log on and check out what was happening at my favorite website. Thanks for remembering ... that is quite a compliment. Hope everyone is fine and doing well.

bjm
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 11:14:04 AM »
Good to hear from you bigjeepman,I was thinking about you yesterday and was going to post to see how you were doing.Glad you like it out there!Good luck to ya.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 02:59:56 AM »
Welcome Back. 

Best of luck in the future.  Lets hope the old home moves quickly so that the Mrs. can join you and the both of you can begin your new life.

:)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:29:33 AM »
BJM

Welcome back , now the fun starts , house hunting can be the ultmate dangerous game . go well armed .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 07:46:15 AM »
glad to have you back with us BJM and best of luck with the house hunt....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline plottrunner

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 04:01:39 PM »
Welcome to Utah Jeepman.......

Offline Scootter

• Scootters Family & Stuff 2
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 07:15:26 AM »
What brings you to Utah? I've lived here almost all of my life. I did an 18 month stint in Ohio as a pre-teen.   ;)

SLC is a good central location. Not to far from the Uinta Mountains, Moab, the salt flats, Willard bay, Strawberry Res., I could go on and on. I guess SLC isn't a bad area, but there are some nice rural areas within a short commute if you'd preffer to get a little way out of town.

If there's anything I can help ya with just let me know. Feel free to message or email me.

Scootter

ps, I forgot the best part. You're within an hour of Cabela's 8)
When Injustice becomes law Rebelion becomes duty

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

Offline Dave Allen

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »
welcome to the great basin...jeepman...i live in s/w idaho around 5 hour's from you...you will love the high desert...

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 04:25:56 AM »
Thank you for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it.

Evoc One and stimpy ...
From spending 10 days here on our honeymoon in April of 2006, we knew housing costs were almost double of what we have been used to. The new home construction is unbelievable. My wife already knows I do not care if our house has a basement, garage, a yard, or even a roof as long as I have a reloading room. I do not look forward to the selection process but my wife will enjoy it.

dw06 .. MSP Ret .. plottrunner .. Dave ...
Thanks guys. I lived in S Indiana all my life and just wanted to do something different. There are a lot of opportunities here and lots of outdoor recreational areas to enjoy the great outdoors. Las Vegas (5.5 hrs away), Yellowstone National Park (about 6.5 hrs), countless lakes, rivers, and streams to fish in the area, and the Uinta mountains to hike in (we like hiking) are some of the reasons we relocated besides having some family here. Uh ... I also managed to find a nice shooting range on my second day here.

Scootter ...
Thank you. I do have some questions for you as we are not committed to any area yet. I have already fished Deer Creek Lake, Strawberry Reservoir, Provo River, and some small lakes here in the valley. I fished for largemouth bass back home ... becoming a decent trout fisherman will be a challenge. I have managed to land a few already but I am light years away from knowing what I really need to know.
5 Rules for Happiness
free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 05:10:27 AM »

Welcome Back...

If you don't snow ski...you should take it up...since your in one of the best places in the world to do so...Man I envy you...I have skied there once and it is absolutely awesome..Good luck on finding the perfect home...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline bigjeepman

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 05:24:46 AM »
Thanks Mac ...
I have never skied in my life but I have been told they have some of the best snow in the world here. I suppose that is one of the reasons they held the Winter Olympics here in 2002 (I think.) Some family members here go snowboarding but no one skies. After back surgery last year, I think I will have to stick with my other interests.
5 Rules for Happiness

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 08:04:02 AM »

They do indeed have the best snow in the world...Champagne snow they call it there...and for good reason...With an average of 515" in the mountains...it is nirvana for snow sports..the best powder anywhere...I took very large jumps when I was there 40-50 feet...and when your in that type of powder..it doesn't hurt when you land...It is quite unbelievable to some one who has never experienced it...Next season..head up Little Cotton Canyon road..and drop in at Snow Bird..or up Big Cotton Canyon and check out Alta...And the night life over at Deer Run is something as well...lots of good food and beverage...I think you'll like it... ;) If your up early around sunrise..you can watch the avalanche crews shoot off their mortars and watch what happens...It's pretty spectacular at times..
Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline plottrunner

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
The best part of utah's snow is not the skiing............ It being able to find mountain lion tracks
 ;)    also there are quite a few ponds down my way in the south that have small mouth bass..... and one or two that have large mouth....... http://tinypic.com/33y2x4x.jpg