Author Topic: Rocky Gibbs and his wildcats  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Darrell Davis

• Trade Count: (0)
Rocky Gibbs and his wildcats
« on: May 22, 2003, 10:21:41 AM »
:D Rocky Gibbs - now there is a subject I haven't found in the forum, at least to this point.

Anybody out there have any input on him OR his line of wildcats, or are they just an I-dee-ho subject!

Heard about him way before he up and got sick and died, even was at a relatives house next door to Rocky's a number of times. Sometimes it would be nice to turn the clock back a bit so as to be able to redo a few things.

I have had one rifle chambered for the 30 Gibbs, and have been around a few other calibers. Interesting wildcat, and good for a conversation around the ol'camp fire as well as shooting Elk.

Keep em coming! :wink:
300 Winmag

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 04:30:22 AM »
I'm almost sure one of the guys over on my forums has mentioned having one... I just posted a note there, asking them to drop in and check out this post... Dave   8)
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE

Offline Darrell Davis

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 06:10:09 AM »
:D Hey Dave,  Thanks for the come back on the Gibbs posting, will look forward to your friends reply as well as any others that may dribble in!

Dropped over to your Magazine site for a few minutes, couldn't get the other one to open up this time.

Anyway, during my quick run through I stopped at the Craig Barker story about the "Heartbreak Buck."

To tell you the truth, my feeling was, "why didn't he just use a Nosler Partition,"  guess it could be sub titled, you get what you pay for. To say the least, I am sold on them and have been for over 30 years. There are other good ones out there these days, but who needs them as long as we can still get the Nosler partition!!!!!

Keep em coming! :wink:
300 Winmag