Author Topic: Bad, Bad, Bad, Week.  (Read 507 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Bad, Bad, Bad, Week.
« on: May 05, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
First, a week ago yesterday, my Ex-wife's mother died.  She was the only Grandmother my youngest son knew, even thou she wasn't  She lived about one mile from my house and we adored her.  While her daughter and I don't see eye to eye, she was the grandest woman I ever knew.

Second, my wife's best friend's husband got killed Sunday.  He was coming home late after working a double shift.  Swerved to avoid some deer in the raod and hit a tree.  Airbag failed to deploy, he was moving but unable to get out.  Then the car burst into flames, witnesses were unable to get through the flames to reach him, but could see him moving around.  He burned to death.

Thrid, the wife of one of my younger brothers had a stroke Monday.  She is in her mid-forties, and has two young girls at home.  One 14 and one 11.  She is paralised on the right side, and unable to speak. 
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Bad, Bad, Bad, Week.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:29:50 PM »
I can only offer prayers, condolences, and sorrow at your loss and circumstances.
Look for the rainbow.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 03:26:31 AM »
Sorry Sourdough........If you remember, I've had a tough month too......

Things seem bad now.....and they are.....but, there is another day tomorrow......and then the day after......hopefully, soon, things will start to get better.......

No doubt things will never be the same, but hope for a better day ahead.......

Life always goes full circle......just as god made Adam from the dust of the ground, unto dust we must all return.

As you were fortunate to have them in your life, you will always have the memories.....

Hang in there buddy, it'll get better soon.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline kyelkhunter3006

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:30:41 AM »
Wow, sorry to hear about your losses.  Hope everything will be ok for everyone.  It's been that type of year......my grandfather died unexpectedly two weeks ago, a week before my birthday.   :'(

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 10:30:15 AM »
Sorry to hear about everyones losses. Now i am not being critical of the guy but when will folks learn that deer are a lot softer than trees and ditches???????????????????? If a deer gets in my way I hit the brakes to slow down as much as I can but I never swerve to miss it. I have totaled one car but no one was hurt  as the deer jumped in front of me at 65 miles an hour and  it does not take much to total a car anymore. I have hit my share of deer and the deer was the one that suffered or died not me. Almost all the time if you can slow down you may get some car or truck damage but that is it it is the swerving and rolling over or hitting a tree or ditch that kills folks not hitting a deer. Oh I suppose in a rare case hitting the deer could kill ya if it went through the windshield or some freak thing but hitting the animal is the best bet over swerving.  Since I mostly drive pickup trucks or SUVs they are high enough they seldom get much damage. It was a full size chev car I totaled and that was the hood, grill and front clip and while totaled value wise was still fixable with some junkyard parts. Most of the trucks I have hit deer with and some cars the damage was not even worth bothering with a ding here and there if that.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »
Wow, it has been a bad week Sourdough. The only thing I can say is that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »
Condolences and prayers for you and your family and friends.  I hope your sister-in-law can recover fully!
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 11:27:42 PM »
Sourdough.  My sincerest condolences and prayers to everyone involved. 

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 08:11:25 AM »
Sorry to hear that Sourdough,that is a bad week.My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.I've had a couple weeks like that,one is more than enough for a lifetime.
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers