Poll

Who else would like to have a Hunting Colorado forum?

Yes I will use this forum.
21 (67.7%)
Nope I'll not post to this one.
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Hunting Colorado Forum  (Read 7649 times)

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
Hunting Colorado Forum
« on: May 21, 2007, 09:19:55 AM »
I think it would be nice to have a hunting Colorado forum on the board. I see a lot of people asking whats legal, whats not, what are good area's, Exe.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Hunting Colorado Forum
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »
Let's ask early on "just in case" it gets enough votes. Who will volunteer to moderate it? Twelve yes votes and a Moderator are the requirements.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:36:58 AM »
Let's ask early on "just in case" it gets enough votes. Who will volunteer to moderate it? Twelve yes votes and a Moderator are the requirements.

Whats it take to be a  moderator? being a mod means that you're on the look out for trouble makers, language and topics that belong some where else right? If it gets enough votes i'll volunteer.

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:47:58 PM »

Whats it take to be a  moderator? being a mod means that you're on the look out for trouble makers, language and topics that belong some where else right? If it gets enough votes i'll volunteer.

I'd also add that a good moderator should know his topic well. Posters will rely on you for answers, so the moderator should in theory be an expert on his topic.

In addition, a good moderator should be able to bring posters to his/her forum when the posting is down. In other words, when no one has posted on your forum for a few days, the moderator should come up with some good material that brings in posters.

Some people take the job as moderator and then just sit back and wait for posters to come in, but most of the time it never happens unless the forum is extremely popular to begin with. The moderator should take pride in his personal forum and create topics if he/she has to in order to get posters. Some people take responsibility for a forum, then that's the last time you ever hear from them. In other words, the moderator needs to take the biggest interest of all in his/her forum to make the forum a success.

In my view, being giving a forum to moderate is like opening up a little store. You are the manager and it is your responsibility to make that store operate at a profit. When business is up, you keep the momentum going. When business is down, you drum up new ways to get more customers. In the end, the bottom line is the responsibility of the moderator.

Just my opinion on being a moderator.

Skunk
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
This one is only one more vote away from becoming the next new forum. It's time to find out if someone will volunteer to moderate it. If not then it's not going to happen regardless of the votes.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 03:21:33 AM »
Still waiting on a volunteer to moderate this one. It seems there really was no interest in it after all in spite of now having more than enough votes to have it added. This seems to have become a trend lately.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 09:31:59 AM »

He said he would but he hasn't stepped up. I removed the Misc guns one. It would have not made it.

The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »
Some how I missed that. Board is now set up.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »
Bill have you heard from the Moderator? He hasn't said anything since he suggested this forum.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »
Nope I figure it will be like most of the ones added in the last year or so and will die from deglect. If it isn't used it will not stay. I'm seriously considering stopping the option to add new ones as they just seem to get ignored mostly.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 03:33:01 PM »
We are just now starting to get traffic on the Knight forum and its not but maybe every other day. Its starting to take off. The Henry forum isn't so much because of the little people know about them and such. I hope it catches on soon. The Weatherby forums are lagging and same with the CVA forums. I hope they start getting traffic soon so they stay for a long time to come. Can't say the same for the fishing forums.

Rick

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »
I could see this as a good forum. My one post has gotten a few responses and seems to be a intrest here.

Rick

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »
I am here. Thanks Graybeard, I'll get to work and go through all the posts.

Offline jengel

• Trade Count: (0)
    • The Great Outdoors Gun Shop
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »
Goody, a Colorado forum.  I live right next door to ya in KS.  I went to college in Trinidad for gunsmithing and was born in Hugo.

Offline Buck Conner

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 04:35:11 AM »
As an ex-officer/member of the Colorado State Muzzleloading Association (former Pres, V. Pres, Treasurer, and Editor for 12-13 years) and involved with the DOW for 20 years. I personally think Jonathan would be an excellent person for this position.  He is in the field all the time and always carrying or testing modern or traditional firearms.