Author Topic: found my childhood airgun-is Gamo Cadet/Daisy 120 need advice  (Read 576 times)

Offline bluebayou

• Trade Count: (0)
I dug out my Daisy 120 from "back in the day".  Okay, so I am not that old, the rifle is 20-25 years old.  I don't remember when I got it.  It is marked made in Spain and not Rogers AR, so I assume that it is a Gamo in disguise. 

Can anyone tell me if it has leather or synthetic seals?  What preventative maintenance should I do?  I CLP/steelwooled the barrel to clean off surface rust.  It looks pretty darn good.  I remember that it was rery accurate......but 20 years might be coloring my memory. 

If anyone knows anything about this series of rifles or has some refurbishing advice then please let me know.

*******I am editing to add that it is apparently a Gamo Cadet.  Should I take it down completely?  I has no real collector value I am sure.  I just don't want to damage it.  Will it hurt to shoot it after sitting for 20 years?  Does anyone have some general advice for old spring type airguns?

Offline Voltar1

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: found my childhood airgun-is Gamo Cadet/Daisy 120 need advice
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »
Hi there. I think it would be wise to tear it down and restore it to its best possible function before you shoot it.
As you mentioned light rusting on the barrel I would be concerned that the piston may be rusted in place esp if it is indeed a leather seal. Be worth a look for sure
Enjoy the memories that little gun evokes
Walter....