Author Topic: The new Smith & Wesson  (Read 432 times)

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
The new Smith & Wesson
« on: May 29, 2007, 03:52:23 PM »
This is a good article on the changing Smith & Wesson.  I guess you have to evolve or else...

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_23/b4037418.htm

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: The new Smith & Wesson
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:43:55 AM »
They are simply following Winchester's lead.  Winchester has been doing this for several years now, just not on as big a scale.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:14:35 AM »
That new way of thinking is helping the company rack up some impressive numbers. Barely profitable when the 53-year-old Golden took over, Smith & Wesson's revenues rose 27%, to $160 million, in its most recent fiscal year. Profits climbed 66%, to $9 million, and the stock has more than doubled over the past year.

I sure don't pretend to understand what's going on with them but I'd like to know how the hell a company with only $9 million in annual profits is in a position to buy out TC at over $100 million and especially after they had only a short few years back purchased S&W for over $100 million.

Seems to me like someone is mighty deep in debt and sinking deeper fast.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 11:40:10 AM »
It's called outsourcing. You stamp your name that was once a symbol of quality on the cheapest piece of sweat shop Chinese crap and sell it to the unsuspecting consumer.  Scopes , knives, holsters, gun cases, clothing, the list goes on and on.....I won't buy anything with S&W or Winchester's name on it anymore unless it is a firearm.