Author Topic: No Spring Turkey  (Read 386 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
No Spring Turkey
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:45:29 AM »
 :'(I got skunked !!  I couldn't find them anywhere!  No calls answered and No sightings.  I sure enjoyed being out there, but it would have been nice to bag a bird.  I guess now I know why there were so many excess tags left after the lottery drawing for this season,  in my zone.  I haven't decided on hunting the fall season, but I have a few weeks left to think on it before I need to apply.

Lesson learned!  Apply for an earlier season next year.  Better odds and less ticks and skeeters. ;D

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: No Spring Turkey
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:23:37 AM »
Sorry to hear that Cookie, but I wouldn't let the ticks bug ya!!! Treat your clothes with Permethrin and never worry about em. I've been using it for a few years now, haven't had a tick on me since!! The military version is cheaper and lasts 6 washings, good stuff!! The spray is available at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Tim

http://www.allrepellents.com/category/tick-repellent/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009G4G2S/ref=pd_sim_sg_2_img?ie=UTF8
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 11:28:44 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Tim.  I didn't know they made stuff like this for your clothing.  That's good news.  I will check it out.  We have a Sportsmans Whse. up here.  Thanks !

Rich
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 12:59:28 AM »
Sorry you didn't get one Rich, we didn't either.  The first day out I blew an easy shot at a jake who saw me move. After that I heard birds but couldn't close the deal. My wife only could go out once with me due to schedule conflicts, and it was a nasty rainy day at that. We will try our fall season.

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us