Author Topic: Please help me perfect my gun rights page !  (Read 710 times)

Offline Aandar

• Trade Count: (0)
Please help me perfect my gun rights page !
« on: June 02, 2007, 04:57:56 AM »
Hi ! :)

My name is Krzysiek (Chris), I'm from Poland and I'm pro gun rights - we have it much worse here in Poland than You in USA.

After the recent events at the Virginia Tech campus I had quite a few conversations with total gun ban proponents - most of them think that much stricter gun laws would prevent such tragedy from ever happening again.

It seems to me that if You are using words only it is pretty much impossible to get through to their minds and in politics the main goal seems to always be to convince the other side to adopt your point of view, so an idea came to me that maybe if I could show them a video, then the visual parts of their brains would absorb the idea better.

If a man does not have a good enough imagination then IMHO if You want him to understand a complex problem it is neccessary to show him a picture or a video. (One picture is worth a thousand words. ;D )

So I made my own gun control vs self defense webpage and used Operation Flashpoint's mission editor to make 3 short videos.

I'm not sure of my English skills (never had a teacher to tell me that my grammar (for example) sucks - and due to big structural differences between my native language and English I have a strange feeling that I often sound like Yoda), so if You care enough about the cause - can You please visit my page, find at least few mistakes and suggest a correction ?

The address is:
http://guns.aandar.com

ps. Please tell me if You have some arguments that I missed.

ps2. For more responses and to spread the task of English language corrections I'll post this message to few other gun fora (like medium-media or forums ? or are both versions correct ?).

ps3. I'm asking for language help because I want "anti-gun nuts" to take my page seriously - I don't want them to think that I'm dumb just because I made some mistakes (I wonder if they could learn Polish just by reading Polish internet and a dictionary hehehe).

Thanks in advance !   8)

Offline Aandar

Re: Please help me perfect my gun rights page !
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »
OK it seems that this forum doesn't get as much traffic as the other ones i posted to (i got some replies on some of the other forums).

I just subscribed to this topic (i hope that's how the notify button works ?), so if you by accident get here somehow in the future - please don't think that i don't want your help / suggestions / corrections anymore.

Post your suggestion here and the board will alert me by e-mail (and i'll be grateful of course  :) ).

Thanks !

Offline EsoxLucius

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 06:52:20 AM »
Sorry, I added all those links before I fully read your post and looked at your website.  My only concern with the simulations is the observer in some of the videos has a weapon which it appears has to be pointed in the direction the observer is looking.  I would try to lose or remove that weapon in those.  I know this tool you are using has its limitations, but having someone pointing a weapon around doesn't give a sense of what gun safety rules are about.
We learn something new everyday whether we want to or not.

Offline Aandar

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:46:08 AM »
I already know 50% of the sites you posted and i'll check out the other half.

Thanks !

Offline Aandar

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
I would try to lose or remove that weapon in those.  I know this tool you are using has its limitations, but having someone pointing a weapon around doesn't give a sense of what gun safety rules are about.

The stupid Operation Flashpoint limitation is:  you can't run without a rifle in your hand.