Author Topic: Choke Tube Karma...  (Read 681 times)

Offline lotus

• Trade Count: (5)
Choke Tube Karma...
« on: June 03, 2007, 04:07:09 AM »
Good morning everyone. 

There are lots of very nice people here that are all to willing to share advice and years of accumulated knowledge.  I would like to give something back to the community as I have learned a great deal just reading the boards here.  I have a 12 ga hastings extended turkey choke in .660 that will fit the removable choke pardners.  I have used this choke for a couple years at block shoots and turkey hunting so it is not new, but it is in good shape and patterns nicely with maybe a couple boxes of shells through it.  I have sold all my pardners with removable choke tubes and only have one Topper 28" fixed full choke left, so I have no use for it.   If this is something that you would like and can use, please respond with "I want it."  I will put all the names in a hat and draw a random name on Thursday after work and ship it out to the winner.  I would prefer conus only as I don't have much extra money around for international shipping.

Good luck and have fun.

Dale

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Choke Tube Karma...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 05:05:55 AM »
I want it and I need it!!! I have been looking for a .660 choke tube for 12 gauge Tri-Ball loads from Dixie Slugs....Thanks for the generous offer and I will be looking forward to Thursday....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lotus

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 02:29:28 PM »
I thought there might be some more interest in a turkey choke, but doesnt look like it.

Since MSP has been looking for it and can use it.

I am going to end this after 12 hrs and send it to him.

Cheers and enjoy the tube bud.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 02:43:49 PM »
Thanks to you Lotus and to all others also. I have sent the asked for info and a note also. I have been smiled on today and I appreciate it!!!....<><...:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 05:16:20 PM »
MSP you did good.  Let us know how it works for you.  I knew I shouldn't have taken that nap this afternoon  ;D
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 08:55:44 AM »
naps are good d hiker,it's the timing that is important....<><....:)

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 03:56:22 PM »
I hit this post waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late. Good work, Andy. Hunman55

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 04:12:56 PM »
Thanks buddy, I am REAL happy about this choke tube, much thanks to lotus, a fine member here. I have been looking for a .660 choke tube for quite a while. Now if I can come across a couple of old beat up buttstocks to reshape and refinish I will be all set for a while (yeah, right!!)....<><....:)

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 11:33:05 PM »
Andy, Numrich used to have the H&R/NEF butts and forearms-these were seconds- for less than $15. I'll check it out and may order me a set if they are still available. You can always make a forearm from the butt by cutting it in half right through the stockbolt hole lengthwise, that is, if you like to work with wood. And I think you do, Andy. Archie-Hunman55

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »
Thanks Archie, I'll try to look into Numrich, butt ( :D) I may be all set for now. I do have a couple of forearms and it looks as if I may be buying a couple of stock sets from another here....<><....:)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 01:32:11 AM »
Andy, You wouldn't have an extra forearm that you might be willing to part with would you?   My .410 and .22 barrels fit great with my Toppers original forearm but my 20ga. barrel is loose as a goose when open.   So I would like to find a second forearm to dedicate to the 20ga. barrel so that I don't have to mess with adding or removing shims every time I switch from one of the other barrels to the 20ga. barrel or vise-versa.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 08:17:26 AM »
I should have at least one extra in a week or 2 Brett. If you can give me a little time to mix and match the stocks I am expecting to get in in a short time with the grain of the forearms I have now I am sure there will be an extra forearm for you. Do you have any trade items around? I could use a set of sight inserts for a Buff Classic front sight if you happen to have an extra set lying around. If not I am open to just about any swap material, an old beat up Monte Carlo pallet wood buttstock would also be nice for a project stock I have in mind...<><...:)

Offline Brett

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 12:35:32 PM »
Hmm.... I'll have to take an inventory.  Not sure I have anything firearm related that I want to part with.  Interested in a pair of men's size 8.5 Nike roller blades ?  ;D  Oh, How about a left handed pancake holster for a S&W J frame snubby?

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 01:32:20 PM »
Nothing there that might interest me buddy but I will put your name on the forearm and we will work it out someday, somehow,  I am sure of that. I will send you the forearm when I can decide which one it will be. Please send me your info via e-mail...my e-mail is down right now but my buddy the IT man is supposed to be by tonight after work....<><....:)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
Hooray and Thanks to lotus (Dale), the choke tibe came in today buddy and it's great. I will now order several boxes of the new Dixie Tri-Ball II 12 gauge loads and pattern it with them as well a 12 gauge #5's and #6's...I also have some #4 buck I use for coyote and some OO and OOO Buck to try from it for deer in the thick swamps...it looks like some fun in the future, Thanks again buddy....<><....:)

(P.S. Dale, my e-mail is down again, I sent a response to you...)

Offline Brett

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 03:37:12 PM »
Nothing there that might interest me buddy but I will put your name on the forearm and we will work it out someday, somehow,  I am sure of that. I will send you the forearm when I can decide which one it will be. Please send me your info via e-mail...my e-mail is down right now but my buddy the IT man is supposed to be by tonight after work....<><....:)

Gee... thought for sure you would jump on those roller blades Andy.  :-\

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 04:48:16 PM »
 sorry buddy but a size 8 1/2 rollerblade would not even fit halfway onto my size 12 feet....<><....;D