Author Topic: Scope for RWS 350M  (Read 555 times)

Offline hobbyist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Scope for RWS 350M
« on: June 08, 2007, 05:29:03 PM »
I have an old (25yrs+) Bushnell 3x-9x BDC (Bullet Drop Compensator) Banner that I bought new, paid something like $200 for it and and has been riding my Rem 700BDL in 270Win.  It is not as clear as my high end scopes but it has been a great & reliable scope and have never had any problems with it.  It is a quality scope!

I am thinking about buying a Bushnell 4200/3200 for the 270win and moving the old Banner to my newly acquired ;D RWS 350M Airgun.

Given that the magnums are hard on scopes, what do you think?

Offline Nathan H

Re: Scope for RWS 350M
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
Hello, new member here. I have a M350 .22 and I would NOT recommend you put the Bushnell on it. It may not hold up to the double recoil.  I have a Bushnell Legend 5X15X40 Mil dot in a 1 pc mount. I would suggest that you try a Leapers scope. I have had good luck with them on heavy recoilling springers. They are relatively inexpensive. Just a suggestion.
Hope this helps
Regards
Nathan

Offline hobbyist

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 03:40:47 PM »
Hello, new member here. I have a M350 .22 and I would NOT recommend you put the Bushnell on it. It may not hold up to the double recoil.  I have a Bushnell Legend 5X15X40 Mil dot in a 1 pc mount. I would suggest that you try a Leapers scope. I have had good luck with them on heavy recoilling springers. They are relatively inexpensive. Just a suggestion.
Hope this helps
Regards
Nathan

How is the 5-15x40 Legend working out?  How many shots have you gone thru?

Offline Nathan H

So far so good
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 04:24:02 PM »
I've put several hundred rounds throught it. It is in a one piece mount and the zero hasn't moved a bit. It was originally on a PCP but I moved it to the M350 when I upgraded. I know some would consider it only for medium recoil level. Maybe the Legends are tougher than most give them credit for or I've been lucky.
regards
Nathan

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:33:39 PM »
get a Leapers form http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ . These are the ONLY scopes that i have found so far the cost less then 100$ and are as good or better than name band scopes and can take anything. they were the first one to make airgun scopes for Spring-Piston and they are the best.  Get a Leapers for any airgun and start shooting.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends